ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: barrel cutting - Full choke to Mod?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

As the originator of this old thread, I thought I'd add a few comments. I ended up never modifying the old Mossberg. It is probably worth only $130-$150 as is and I really didn't want to put much into it. A replacement barrel logically would have made the most sense, but they go for as much as the shotgun is worth. For modification, the brake hone idea sounded most feasible, but there was also some risk that if not well centered, could mess up the POI. I didn't have a good way to align it, so that never happened. I have enough other shotguns that I really don't need it "fixed" anymore. Still haven't figured out a good use/purpose for it and not willing to give it away for cheap either, so it sits in the back of my gun safe unused.

Post subject: Re: barrel cutting - Full choke to Mod?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The bottom line is that we just have no use for some guns. No matter what the choke is.