It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Beretta 682 Sporting Safety Problem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

thrashhead wrote:
Hello once again everyone!

Just wanted to post an update and thank everyone for all the help and good feedback!

I got my parcel with spare parts on Friday and been replacing parts in my Beretta 682 all Saturday. Some items they didnt have in stock and unfortunately I didnt get all the exact items that I ordered (safety pin & lever pin) so I had to use the old ones.

When inspecting each and every part more closely than before I still cannot pinpoint exactly why I could fire even when the safety turned ON. It was probably a series of things. What I could see was that one of the hammers was very worn, when connected to the sear there was not much metal left that was toching eachother, the fit between the parts was really bad. Also when cocked and with pressure from the springs i recon they could have gone off with a slight bump even. Also the springs for the sears and the intertia block spring was in a really bad shape, the spring for the intertia rest was in ok condition but I changed it anyway.

So, now my gun works again like never before!
Thanks again everyone for the information and good feedback!

Oh, and here is a picture of the new and the old parts.
https://imgur.com/a/Z4fZYo8

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for letting us know. Although we may never know the precise cause of the problem, I still believe it was the sear/hammer engagement and/or the sear spring which were to blame. Your comments above seem to indicate they were badly worn or in bad shape which tends to support my belief.

Enjoy your "like new" gun. {hs#

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.