ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 28ga barrel on a LW 20ga 870 receiver?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:21 am 
Utility Grade

As the subject implies, is it possible? What mods, if any, would be required?
-w

Post subject: Re: 28ga barrel on a LW 20ga 870 receiver?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:29 pm 
Crown Grade

Entire bolt, entire mag tube, shell latches.......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:40 pm 
Utility Grade

Reminds me of something a friend once said to me regarding a new-to-him house he bought, "I got this great doorknob, I just need to remodel around it". Thank you for the insight - as I suspected.
-w

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:37 pm 
Field Grade

i had one that Simmons did. Alum insert sleeve machined to 28 ga size with a set screw in the mag to hold in place, ejector cut deeper and the lift plate was modified with solder. it held one shell in the mag. the barrel had a Simmons floating rib. i picked up from a oldtimer in Dallas and it had 2 horse feed bags full of once fired Winchester papers. After i shot all the papers up, it would not handle plastic hulls to well . I polished the sleeve with steel wool and wd 40 and never had any problems after that. Neat old gun. I heard that Simmons also made 410's but never saw one. i had a friend that had a full set of 58's in all four guns but the barrels were sleeved.
Thanks Bobby