ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barrel Selector Issue
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:36 pm 
Field Grade

I have a Beretta SPS 686 20g. Sometime ago I sent it to Colegun to have the triggers converted from inertia to mechanical. I have noticed slack in the selector lever with the selector placed on the bottom barrel (left side), It’s about 1/16 to 1/8th”. When it’s moved over (right side) to select the top barrel it’s tight. After removing the stock I noticed the pawl has the slack. Ideas? Thanks

Last edited by turkey22 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Barrel Selector Issue
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:37 pm 
Field Grade

Please delete one..Don’t know how that happened. Sorry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

turkey22 wrote:
I have a Beretta SPS 686 20g. Sometime ago I sent it to Colegun to have the triggers converted from inertia to mechanical. I have noticed the I have slack in the selector lever with the selector placed on the bottom barrel (left side), It’s about 1/16 to 1/8th”. When it’s moved over (right side) to select the top barrel it’s tight. After removing the stock I noticed the pawl has the slack. Ideas? Thanks

It sounds like you should be asking Cole Guns your questions. How long ago was the work done? Does the barrel selector work well?

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 pm 
Field Grade

Ulysses wrote:
turkey22 wrote:
I have a Beretta SPS 686 20g. Sometime ago I sent it to Colegun to have the triggers converted from inertia to mechanical. I have noticed the I have slack in the selector lever with the selector placed on the bottom barrel (left side), It’s about 1/16 to 1/8th”. When it’s moved over (right side) to select the top barrel it’s tight. After removing the stock I noticed the pawl has the slack. Ideas? Thanks

It sounds like you should be asking Cole Guns your questions. How long ago was the work done? Does the barrel selector work well?

Just noticed it, been in the safe. Not knocking them, just curious, and, wondering if anyone else has had this issue, regardless of who did the work. I bit the bullet, and, am sending it to them. Cost was the main issue. Thought I might try to fix it myself. Yes it works. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

turkey22 wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
turkey22 wrote:

Just noticed it, been in the safe. Not knocking them, just curious, and, wondering if anyone else has had this issue, regardless of who did the work. I bit the bullet, and, am sending it to them. Cost was the main issue. Thought I might try to fix it myself. Yes it works. Thanks

Well, if you're a bit handy with mechanical stuff, you just might be able to fix it yourself. I don't recall hearing or reading about such a problem with this gun, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened before.

I suggest you remove the buttstock and take a look inside. Move the barrel selector back and forth and observe what moves. If the selector works properly, then my guess is that the "slop" in the selector button is in the switch itself and not in the internal parts that it moves. Take a look at it and see what you think. It might just need a slight tweaking of a part such as a wire spring or clip or something like that.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:48 am 
Field Grade

The ‘slop’ is definitely internal. The pawl is moving back and forth when it is moved to the right (bottom barrel) position. It is fine when switched to the fire the top barrel. Updates to follow. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:18 pm 
Field Grade

Update. Jim, at, Coles said he adjusted the fit of the selector pivot pin. Didn’t know you could adjust it.