ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cynergy Ejector Spring Replacement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:23 am 
Tournament Grade

Posted over on the Browning page, but thought I'd post here as well....

I have a Cynergy CX that's difficult for my daughter to close. I've adjusted the set screws in the forearm to allow for smooth operation of the action, however, it seems overcoming the ejector spring's spring force is causing her issue.

Does anyone know of a replacement spring that still allows extractor function (I switched this to extract only) while lessening the force needed to close the action? Also, I read from time to time about "cutting off a coil or two"....does that really work? Seems the spring force would be the same, just the length changes.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Cynergy Ejector Spring Replacement
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Just a test but make sure the gun is unloaded and you open and close the gun. This will put tension on all the springs in the forearm. Then have her open and close the gun. Can she do it easily? If not, maybe she needs to change the way she opens and closes it.
How old is she? Is she too small and has not developed her muscles? Can she operate a Citori with little or no problem?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

She's 12.....we were shooting a 73' Superposed that's worked in well, but it didn't fit her very well (cheek slap was an issue). We switched over the the Cynergy, it fits nicer, but is just hard for her to close.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:34 am 
Field Grade

Install 1911 firing pin return springs in place of the ejector springs. If they are to long to get in completely compressed, remove a coil or two. This allows the ejectors to lift the shell, and maybe even eject the shell out of the chamber, but barely. This would also take some of the pressure off as mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Stl Flyn wrote:
Install 1911 firing pin return springs in place of the ejector springs. If they are to long to get in completely compressed, remove a coil or two. This allows the ejectors to lift the shell, and maybe even eject the shell out of the chamber, but barely. This would also take some of the pressure off as mentioned.

Perfect.....thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Quick follow-up.....1911 firing pin return springs are too short (about an inch too short) for the Cynergy. In a pinch, I stretched them a bit to see if closing the action required less effort...that part was a success, and everything functions as it should.

I have 2 additional OEM springs on the way, I'm going to clip a coil or two and see if I land somewhere between factory effort and the current, much reduced effort.

I also read in another forum to simply visit a local hardware store to see if they have a similar, but less strong spring....might give this a try as well, mostly because I'm curious.