ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Changing the cast on a RH OU
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Question. I have a 28ga. I recently purchased that is a RH OU. Not a lot but enough for this LH shooter to see the difference. My question is can't I just have an adjustable comb made so I can adjust the comb over to get my sight alignment corrected? I don't need more than 3'16-1/4" to get my rib lined up.

Post subject: Re: Changing the cast on a RH OU
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Field gun or sporting clays gun?

Post subject: Re: Changing the cast on a RH OU
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:14 am 
Presentation Grade

The problem with trying to to shoot a true right hand stock as a lefty goes beyond your cheek position. While you might be able to get your eye where it needs to be you might still be fighting difficult cast, pad and toe positions.

A talented stock maker might be able to bend the stock to neutral and or adjust the inletting to make it better for you in addition to the comb.