ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Franchi Affinity - Feed Ramp Locked On Loading
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Franchi Affinity that I bought new about a year ago. Since then, I've been shooting clays almost every weekend where I put a couple boxes through it. Shells are various brands of 28s - mostly GB and Fiocchi.

It's always had an occasional issue where when I go to load the second shell (the first one in the tube) the feed ramp is locked down. The only way that I can think to solve this is by cycling the bolt and ejecting the first shell I loaded. After that, the feed ramp is unlocked. It probably happens 1 in 10 times or less.

I have a feeling that this has something to do with the light loads, but I very rarely shoot anything heavier so it's hard to say for sure. I never have any problems with the cycling of the gun otherwise. I've tried giving the entire action a good cleaning and spraying down the trigger group, but I'm hesitant to take it apart without more of a reason.

TBH I've stared at the diagram for a while and I'm a little confused as to how exactly the feed ramp works mechanically with the cartridge drop lever and the bolt. I'm not sure what is locking it and if that's normal behaviour under some circumstances.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufa ... n/affinity