ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bolt buffer on Remington 1100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:01 am 
Limited Edition

Should the bolt buffer on an 1100 stick out past the bolt a bit? My dad gave me his 1100 to clean up and I noticed the buffer is flush with the bolt but there is no peening on the bolt or back of receiver.

I ordered a new buffer and recoil spring but the buffer looks like a pain to replace so I would hold off if the original is still good.

Post subject: Re: Bolt buffer on Remington 1100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Should protrude slightly. I changed mine about 1966. New one quickly looked like the old one. Still there; still working. Just make sure the bolt isn't hitting the receiver inside.

Post subject: Re: Bolt buffer on Remington 1100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:59 pm 
Limited Edition

I looked a little closer today and the buffer protrudes just a hair, enough to catch on my fingernail. There is no evidence of any contact so I might hold off on replacing that.