ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP with a Barrett/Fausti BX-PRO
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:41 pm 
Field Grade

My son is shooting a Barrett BX-PRO, made for Barrett by Fausti, and it developed a problem recently. When he closes the action, the top lever doesn't return to the center, in effect not locking the action closed. He has to manually flip the lever to the left to lock it up.

Everything else works fine when its manually locked.

I removed stock and made sure action wasn't "gummed" up inside, but it only has 2K rounds through it.

I've tried emailing and calling Barrett and Fausti but have been ignored thus far.

Any help, contacts, suggestions are appreciated!!!

Post subject: Re: HELP with a Barrett/Fausti BX-PRO
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:39 pm 
Limited Edition

Try Cole's Gunsmithing they are the Beretta experts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:56 pm 
Diamond Grade

shotgun red 52 wrote:
Try Cole's Gunsmithing they are the Beretta experts.

Too bad he does not have a Beretta.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

They now handle and sell Fausti guns. Best bet is to contact Jona Cole in Naples Fl. On their Facebook page or Facebook messenger. She will help you. Great folks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

23pair wrote:
My son is shooting a Barrett BX-PRO, made for Barrett by Fausti, and it developed a problem recently. When he closes the action, the top lever doesn't return to the center, in effect not locking the action closed. He has to manually flip the lever to the left to lock it up.

Everything else works fine when its manually locked.

I removed stock and made sure action wasn't "gummed" up inside, but it only has 2K rounds through it.

I've tried emailing and calling Barrett and Fausti but have been ignored thus far.

Any help, contacts, suggestions are appreciated!!!

Does it do this when the chambers are empty, or only with ammo in the chambers?

The stem of the top lever might need lubricating with oil.

Don't know if that has a locking underlug or locking tapered pins, but in either case, they should be relatively clean and LUBRICATED. The ejectors might need cleaning and lube also.

Heck, one of the best things to do is simply remove all the wood and dunk the whole receiver in mineral spirits or kerosene for 15 minutes or so. Remove it and let it dry and then lubricate lightly with lightweight oil.

As you can tell from my comments, I suspect that the "problem" is some form of dirt, gunk, carbon residue, or something similar causing the problem. If you clean, de-gunk, and re-lubricate all the metal parts, there's an excellent chance the problem will disappear. If that doesn't fix it, then give us a bit more detailed description of exactly when this occurs and under what circumstances, and exactly what you do to get it to work. But do the cleaning and lubricating first since it's likely that will solve the problem... in my opinion.

Semi-Auto Classifieds is ONLY for Complete Semi-Auto shotguns.
Over/Under Classifieds is ONLY for Complete O/U shotguns.
Items other than a complete shotgun go in OTHER Classifieds.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Ulysses wrote:
As you can tell from my comments, I suspect that the "problem" is some form of dirt, gunk, carbon residue, or something similar causing the problem. If you clean, de-gunk, and re-lubricate all the metal parts, there's an excellent chance the problem will disappear. .

+1. 2000 shells may not seem like a lot, but dirty ammo can do dirty things to the innards pretty fast. And it doesn't take much "gunk" in the wrong place to cause issues. You lose nothing by trying a thorough cleaning before anything else.
If that doesn't work, a call to Cole's or Joel Etchen would be in order. Both are great shops, helpful people, and can probably point you in the right direction.