ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 775A chambering issue
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:00 am 
Utility Grade

So I have a Savage 775A 16 gauge, I just shot it for the first time yesterday. It fires and eject but the next round will not chamber. Yes I have tinkered around with the friction rings and am aware that they need to be set different for heavy and light loads. I had it loaded with some 2 3/4” 6 shot that only go about 1200fps. So I was dicking around with that 16 last night and realized that the lifter spring was higher then the magazine tube and will not push down which I believe is the the reason it wont chamber the next round as it seems to be in the way. I assume I need to take the trigger assembly out? Any info is appreciated as I am only 22 and dont have much knowledge to go off of but people’s words.

Post subject: Re: 775A chambering issue
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:39 pm 
Diamond Grade

See if any of these can help you

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ge+shotgun

Steve

Post subject: Re: 775A chambering issue
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:51 pm 
Field Grade

I compete with 775As. Long story as to why. I have a 16 and 3 more in 12 ga that all run well. I have two in bags for parts. I think I know this unit fairly well & with a little more info may be able to help you. It is similar to the Browning A-5 but far from interchangeable. Some parts are all Savage. I am not sure what the lifter spring is you are referring to as the shell lifter itself is a solid metal piece that has a flat type spring inside (hung on a post) the receiver activating the shell lifter. More info would help. Good luck & as always - Safe Shooting