ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barrel work on a Remmy 1100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

I’ve attempted to reach Mike on the phone for several days now with no luck. I’m wanting a Remmy 1100 barrel threaded for chokes. Anyone else you gents would suggest? Thanks in advance.

JC

Jeremiah 29:11

Post subject: Re: Barrel work on a Remmy 1100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joel45acp wrote:
I’ve attempted to reach Mike on the phone for several days now with no luck. I’m wanting a Remmy 1100 barrel threaded for chokes. Anyone else you gents would suggest? Thanks in advance.

First, there's no need to talk to Mike in order to have work done. Box up the barrel, enclose a check and send it off. Done.

If you really must talk on the phone, you might try Dean at Skeet's Gun Shop in Talehquah, OK. He does choke work and seems to enjoy talking on the phone.

Me, personally, I wouldn't thread an 1100 barrel unless it's something that can't be easily replaced (i.e. a "Standard 20"). I'd just buy another barrel. If you sell your old barrel on ebay you probably won't be out much more money than the cost of threading.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

Bladeswitcher wrote:
Joel45acp wrote:

First, there's no need to talk to Mike in order to have work done. Box up the barrel, enclose a check and send it off. Done.

If you really enjoy talking on the phone, you might try Dean at Skeet's Gun Shop in Talehquah, OK. He does choke work and seems to enjoy talking on the phone.

Me, personally, I wouldn't thread an 1100 barrel unless it's something that can't be easily replaced (i.e. a "Standard 20"). I'd just buy another barrel. If you sell your old barrel on ebay you probably won't be out much more money than the cost of threading.

I’m not gonna sell this gun or original barrel. I’ve contemplated on just getting the current choke (Mod) opened up to Lt mod, but would prefer to simply have it threaded for chokes since I use it occasionally for clays. It’s my main dove slaying machine, but with the current choke, it’s tearing up the doves even with my light 7/8oz reloads.

JC

Jeremiah 29:11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

A lot of Rem barrels have to have thin wall chokes installed. I would go with a new barrel.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have three Remington barrels Mike installed tubes in. Very pleased.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Mail it to Mike with a list of what you want done. I sent him a 28" Full 11-48 barrel that he cut to 26", reinstalled the bead and ramp, and installed tubes. Work was done quickly, cheaply, and done well.

People who say "pick 2" of those three haven't used Mike.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

Here's a screaming deal on 870 barrels https://www.cdnnsports.com/remington-87 ... 3uQhmhKg2w

Bobcat