ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disassembly procedure for an old gun
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:10 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Break barrel single shot 410 that has the markings H.S.B & Co. (a logo of a Rooster) and the words Russo Chicago, I believer it was mfg. by Crescent Firearms Co. but am not sure it looks very similar to most of the Stevens, Savage type I've seen. I am trying to restore it but it has absolutely no screws in the action at all appears to be all pinned like the Fox models so I'm a little concerned about how to disassemble the action, if anyone has or can advise me as to where I might find a schematic for parts layout I would be most grateful. Thanks for any help available.

Post subject: Re: Disassembly procedure for an old gun
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 pm 
Crown Grade

You might learn something from this video. It looks like they are all pins in the receiver. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA4fkaqqCJ0&ab_channel=ChasenTom

Post subject: Re: Disassembly procedure for an old gun
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:17 pm 
Crown Grade

FWIW, The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part V, Shotguns has a 6 page Disassembly article on the Essex single barrel made by Crescent of Norwich, CT. The Essex is similar to a number of other Crescent built singles marketed by numerous hardware retailers and sold under various trade names across the country. The trigger plate on the Essex is secured by cross pins, not screws. The step by step disassembly is illustrated with photos.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi