ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where to get a legal 14" Remington 870 BBL Threaded for...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:09 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,

I have a legal Remington Police 870 short barreled shotgun that is properly registered with the ATF. I'm looking to get the barrel threaded for Rem chokes so that I can mount a SilencerCo Salvo suppressor (also legally possessed). Apparently, Mark Orlen is unable to thread barrels under 18".

Does anyone know of another reputable gunsmith able to provide this service?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Where to get a legal 14" Remington 870 BBL Threaded for.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:25 pm 
Limited Edition

If you want it threaded for Rem chokes you may be out of luck as the barrel would need to be around 0.850 diameter. If you just want it threaded you could send it to Briley or Carlson or trulock.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 am 
Limited Edition

Any gunsmith can do it...local or otherwise. If they say they won't because it's illegal, move on they don't know what their talking about. Both of mine (870 and 1100) were threaded by a local guy, just need enough material in the barrel to be able to do it...mine were cut down from vent rib barrels so I had more than enough

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jmacken37,

If your barrel's walls are thick enough for Rem-choke threading (and if it is a current production barrel they should be) then we can thread it for you. Contact us for more details https://roseactionsports.com/contact-ras