ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stevens 520a slide help?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:35 pm 
Diamond Grade

I bought a knackered old post war Westernfield Model 30 built on one of the Stevens 520a receivers. Came with a 28” barrel that Mike Orlen tapped for screw in chokes for me. Then a bought a chopped barrel and assorted parts and made a fake/tribute “trench gun” as well.

I am having a problem with the slide on both barrel assemblies that leads me to believe there is a problem with the slide release and I’m hoping I can get some advice and counsel.

With both the original barrel and slide assembly as well as the bitsa short barrel I put together, unless I apply clockwise torque on the slide handle, the slide will intermittently disengage from the bolt on forward movement and will consistently do so if counterclockwise pressure is applied to the slide handle. Also, the slide release tab is soft and spongy, not crisp and assertive.

So, your advice and counsel appreciated.

Attachment:
Stevens.jpg

Attachment:
Stevens 2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Stevens 520a slide help?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:07 pm 
Diamond Grade

Guess not :-(