ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gunsmiths - Double Gun Gunsmith?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

——-
Anyone ever seen a list of a recommended double gun gunsmiths?  Specifically I’d like to find one in CT, then souther New England or eastern NY, then maybe northern New England or maybe NJ.  Guess there is always British Sporting Arms (eastern NY) or Griffin & Howe (CT or NJ).  Also I heard Abe Chaber in CT is/was great.    But not sure if he is still working.  And not sure if Mike Orlen in MA does anything beyond barrel/choke work.

Trying to not ship guns unless I have to.  Or maybe some recommended expert?  Parker expert?  Fox expert?  British expert?  Spanish expert?  All around double expert?

Last edited by Curly N on Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Edited to remove a word that was tripping up our word nanny

Post subject: Re: Gunsmiths - Double Gun spam?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:00 pm 
Crown Grade

What about New England Custom Gun?
https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

Post subject: Re: Gunsmiths - Double Gun spam?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:32 pm 

fishrising wrote:
How do I edit the title? Where did “spam” come from???

Why did a moderator write “spam” all over my post?

Am I not allowed to ask about gunsmiths?

——-
Anyone ever seen a list of a recommended double gun gunsmiths?  Specifically I’d like to find one in CT, then souther New England or eastern NY, then maybe northern New England or maybe NJ.  Guess there is always British Sporting Arms (eastern NY) or Griffin & Howe (CT or NJ).  Also I heard Abe Chaber in CT is/was great.    But not sure if he is still working.  And not sure if Mike Orlen in MA does anything beyond barrel/choke work.

Trying to not ship guns unless I have to.  Or maybe some recommended spam?  Parker spam?  Fox spam?  British spam?  Spanish spam?  All around double spam?

Apparently the word that you used instead of gunsmith tripped our word nanny and the word Spam was substituted. I looked in the words that our word nanny jumps on and that word was not seen by me. I substituted Expert for the other word to get around the issue.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Post subject: Re: Gunsmiths - Double Gun Gunsmith?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:02 am 
Crown Grade

Wow, I guess I missed something. I didn't see where it was "Shotgun World " where the post in question was published. That doesn't sound like the shotgun world I know so I was thinking it must have been a different platform. The explanation given was logical & should have satisfied everybody. I'm kind of gun shy about all the censorship going on but that is clearly not what was going on here & I apologize for any misunderstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:22 am 
Crown Grade

My buddy that shoots Parkers uses these guys, exclusively. Won't go anywhere else.

https://parkershotgunrepair.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

Gunsmithing Ltd. Southport, Ct.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'll second Art's suggestion.
Mitch and gang are real gunsmiths.
Check out the gun I had them restore.
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21380&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hopkins

Post subject: Gunsmiths - Double Gun Gunsmith?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:41 am 
Tournament Grade

Thanks all! Once I get some free time I’ll call Abe, as I’ve used him many years ago. But depending on how he is doing and if he is still in the business, my second call will be Gunsmithing LTD or maybe one of the (local-ish to me) members who reached out to me.