Shotgun Forum banner

Beretta A400 cocking lever removal

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MNGunner 
#1 ·
I cannot get the cocking lever out, even following the instructions on the Beretta site and the youtube videos. Lining up the bolt carrier edge and the bolt head indicator as instructed but still unable to pull the lever out. 2400 rounds through the gun. Do I need to spray some WD40 in there? Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
I have one semi-auto (can't remember which one right now) that has a cocking handle that is very difficult to remove. I fold a piece of heavy leather over it and pull it out with pliers.

I think it's one of those "stacking tolerances" kind of issues where you end up with something with a tighter fit than desired. I suppose that's better than having one that falls out...

#3 ·
On one of mine it is easy; on the other it takes a tad of wiggling and a firm grasp

#5 ·
There is definitely a knack to it. I had difficulties until I did it a time or two. I never needed pliers. I did put a drop or two of oil in the handle slot to make it easier. There is a mark on the side of the bolt showing you how far to line it up about half way like DrDuk says above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.