ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning inertia triggers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:03 am 
Tournament Grade

How difficult is it to adjust the inertia trigger in a Superposed to reset for 3/4 and 7/8 oz loads with Clay dot?

Post subject: Re: Browning inertia triggers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:25 am 
Diamond Grade

The simplest adjustment, I have read about, not used, is, add a small amount of peel and stick lead weight to the inertia block. Maybe an actual user can comment on their results.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:31 am 
Presentation Grade

railroad wrote:
The simplest adjustment, I have read about, not used, is, add a small amount of peel and stick lead weight to the inertia block. Maybe an actual user can comment on their results.

This is probably true. I say that based on my Citori Pro-Comp, while not a Superposed, has a lead slug in the inertia block. Also, if the Superposed has a trigger piston spring, perhaps it can be replaced by a lighter one. In fact, this is one of things done to a Citori to make them work with sub-gauge tubes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Silly question, but have you tried running the ammo with the trigger as is? My 12GA 7/8 and 3/4 oz loads have run in anything and everything I've ever tried them in.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You must have tried it and had problems?

My Superposed Lightning works fine with 3/4 loads with ClayDot.

My Beretta SP did not work with the 3/4 but the 7/8 was fine. I would say that if your gun does not work with 7/8 loads you have some cleaning and trouble shooting to do anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:03 am 
Diamond Grade

Vette Jockey2 wrote:
railroad wrote:

This is probably true. I say that based on my Citori Pro-Comp, while not a Superposed, has a lead slug in the inertia block. Also, if the Superposed has a trigger piston spring, perhaps it can be replaced by a lighter one. In fact, this is one of things done to a Citori to make them work with sub-gauge tubes.

This^^^

I have a 1967 Superposed Superlight. I have shot high volume 3/4 oz. and 7/8 oz. loads with it for decades using Red Dot, Clays, and Extra Lite without the first problem.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for all the advice. Yes, I did try with the above and it would not set, but a local gunsmith adjusted the inertia spring and now it seems to work just fine with 3/4 oz Clay dot loads.