ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which Super X model one Trap Barrel
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:45 am 
Field Grade

If you had a choice on buying a Factory, Super X Trap barrel, would you choose Trap Full, or Trap Improved Modified for trap shooting?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Which Super X model one Trap Barrel
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

If I were an ATA trap shooter living on the 26-27 yard line it would be full. That being said the IM also destroys targets just fine. The IM barrels don't come up for sale often and they sell fast when they do.

BTW you might get more help on SX1 questions if you post in the Winchester section of SGW.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ca Fly,

I found a like new I/M Trap a few years ago and it crushes clays.
Be aware that the custom shop I/M barrels are marked as I/M Trap, but indeed are choked tighter than a normal I/M constriction of .025". My barrel measures .031" which would normally be a Full.
I have won shoot offs back at the fence with 1oz loads with my I/M Trap barrel.
The problem with the I/M Trap barrels is that they are rare and hard to find. If you should find one grab it fast before some else does.

CT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:22 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks so much for your advice searun. I did find a trap I/M barrel and immediately bought it.