ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed May 12, 2021 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A400 Explor Unico Hammer Spring
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 pm 
Utility Grade

I posted this in the Beretta lovers section of the site in hopes that someone there might be able to help before Beretta Customer service got back to me.......here is the question I posted there and simultaneously sent to Beretta..

It seems that my A400 Explor Unico hammer spring is possibly different than the other A400 hammer springs. The hammer spring retainer looks different than the schematic on the A400 as well. Does anyone have an idea if, indeed, the hammer spring is different....and if it is, how that spring is replaced? It seems like it should be simple, but I don't really understand the retaining mechanism...thanks for any help.

The response I got back from Beretta was that as a policy, they dont offer gunsmithing advice or information beyond what is posted in an owne’s manual. I had also asked for the part # of the spring, because they list 2 different ones. They wouldnt’t even tell me the correct part number. Either I have bad luck or gun manufacturers are not that helpful. I have recently had Fabarms fail to fix an unsafe trigger which I subsequently sent to Ernest Marlette...who fixed it in a day, had Browning return a sticky forearm that they said was not sticky and have now had Beretta not even offer to give me the correct part number (after specifically asking). I have an 11 and 14 year old who shoot registered SC targets and they have a long time to go in this sport. I now have three gun manufacturers who have refused to support or warranty fair issues.

Can anyone help with the current issue (a hammer spring replacement in an A400 Explor Unico....and more importantly.....the suggestion of a gun manufacturer whose customer service is worth anything (not Ceasar Guerini because of their customer service being in the same building as Fabarms, Fabarms, Beretta, or Browning....as they have all shown their
Lack of support of two young shooters....very clearly).

Post subject: Re: A400 Explor Unico Hammer Spring
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:47 am 
Crown Grade

Tadman1 wrote:
I posted this in the Beretta lovers section of the site in hopes that someone there might be able to help before Beretta Customer service got back to me.......here is the question I posted there and simultaneously sent to Beretta..

It seems that my A400 Explor Unico hammer spring is possibly different than the other A400 hammer springs. The hammer spring retainer looks different than the schematic on the A400 as well. Does anyone have an idea if, indeed, the hammer spring is different....and if it is, how that spring is replaced? It seems like it should be simple, but I don't really understand the retaining mechanism...thanks for any help.

The response I got back from Beretta was that as a policy, they dont offer gunsmithing advice or information beyond what is posted in an owne’s manual. I had also asked for the part # of the spring, because they list 2 different ones. They wouldnt’t even tell me the correct part number. Either I have bad luck or gun manufacturers are not that helpful. I have recently had Fabarms fail to fix an unsafe trigger which I subsequently sent to Ernest Marlette...who fixed it in a day, had Browning return a sticky forearm that they said was not sticky and have now had Beretta not even offer to give me the correct part number (after specifically asking). I have an 11 and 14 year old who shoot registered SC targets and they have a long time to go in this sport. I now have three gun manufacturers who have refused to support or warranty fair issues.

Can anyone help with the current issue (a hammer spring replacement in an A400 Explor Unico....and more importantly.....the suggestion of a gun manufacturer whose customer service is worth anything (not Ceasar Guerini because of their customer service being in the same building as Fabarms, Fabarms, Beretta, or Browning....as they have all shown their
Lack of support of two young shooters....very clearly).

Call Coles gunsmithing

Post subject: Re: A400 Explor Unico Hammer Spring
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:12 am 
Utility Grade

Called Cole...they were much more helpful than Beretta... at least were able to confirm the part number and mail it. Ordered an extra firing pin while I was at it. Thanks for the advice.