ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CG Summit Sporting vs Fabarm Elos N2 Sporting - Opinions
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OK. Good information. Thanks.
I think I'm going to cool off and wait till my ship comes in 3 to 6 months from now
and go for a CG Summit Ascent or Impact instead.
Those will be a clear step up from what I've got now.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Going to throw this out for both OP and Jaspo

Owned Fabarm Axis RS12, own CG Invictus, wife owns Syren Tempio Sporting 20ga which is basically the Summit with female specific dimensions. Shot ELOS D2 not N2. Shot 12ga Summit. Looked hard at ELOS N2 when buying. That said here you go:

Vortech, buy the CG summit. Very nice gun. Better field gun. Better distribution and swing.

Jaspo, didn’t particularly like the ELOS D2 but it’s the field gun, liked the Axis, a bit barrel heavy and kind of a bruiser style of gun - think K vs P guns. Love the floating barrels but that’s mostly aesthetics.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:50 pm 
Utility Grade

So which gun did you decide to get. Also I would like some feedback on Mr. Crocker and his gun sales. I am thinking of using him as well and would like a some information.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

Jaspo01 wrote:
Can anyone comment on recoil after shooting several boxes of standard 1 1/8 ?.

I just got my Allsport this past Friday. Have only shot four boxes of 1 1/8 loads through it so far. Recoil is extremely soft, pretty much non-existent as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It took me one round of skeet to figure out that I am an O/U shooter, not a semi-auto shooter. So on Tuesday I motored down to Austin and took the finger-snapping L4S down to August and picked up the Syren Elos N2. I think August made promises and threats to get it for me; god bless August Crocker!

I cannot wait to shoot it. A minor problem is that I forgot to put the choke box in the L4S case, which turned out not to be a problem since the N2 and L4S chokes are the same. So rather than mailing the choke box to August when I got back to Dallas, I just left the N2 box of chokes with him. Unfortunately, I also left the skeet choke in the L4S barrel, leaving me with no skeet choke for the N2. The ever so kind Mr. Crocker is going to send it to me. MAJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

For the record.. The N2 has a hand oiled stock. May not be pretty, but it will be durable. The N2 Allsport, both reduced and XL has a Triwood finished stock. I would never buy a Triwood finished stock again! They are not durable. They are just dip coated and wear poorly. There is no way to repair when the paint wears off. I have an XLR5 compact that is only 11 months old and the coating is already worn off wear it rides in the U shaped cradle gun holder of my Rugged Gear cart. As a comparison my Beretta A400 rode around for over two years in the same holder and shows no wear at all. I called Fabarm and asked how to repair. They said only remedy was to send back to Italy for re-dip at $450. The wear is right at the front edge where stock meets metal, so not worth $450 to fix, but it is pretty disappointing. NO other stock or finish has shown any wear or issue in the same cart and same cradle. Buy regular N2 or the CG in my mind.