ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Counting down the hours.....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:12 am 
Limited Edition

birdhunter39 wrote:
No way. You'll still have to do the NICS check.

Aha, what does that entail?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:36 am 
Diamond Grade

A simple form you fill out and they punch into the computer. It's a while you wait thing. No big deal unless you've got some history that could prevent you from legally owning a firearm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:40 am 
Limited Edition

birdhunter39 wrote:
A simple form you fill out and they punch into the computer. It's a while you wait thing. No big deal unless you've got some history that could prevent you from legally owning a firearm.

Ok then, no worries.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:12 pm 
Crown Grade

BobFM wrote:
cheecho1960 wrote:
BobFM wrote:
Ok, tomorrow I'm gonna be at Lehigh Sporting Clays with credit card and Firearms License in hand. Duh!
And booked 2 hours with a recommended instructor.......

I'd call first bud, they're usually closed on Tuesdays.................................

Hours of Operation
Open year-round

Rain, snow or shine, our dedicated staff works hard to remove weather-related obstacles to ensure maximum hours of operation. Check our website or Facebook page for weather updates, extended hours and more.

Public hours of operation: Wednesday – Sunday 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.* Mondays 9:30am -5:00pm (seasonal). We are CLOSED on Tuesdays.[/quote

Sorry I posted too quickly, I'm going Wednesday. I'll get there early enough to lube the gun and shoot some rounds prior to 2 hours of instruction. I just hope it's not raining.

Thanks for the post!

Not sure if we're doing Lehigh or Mid Hudson tomorrow. If Lehigh, I'll look for the guy carrying this nice new CG...... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:38 pm 
Limited Edition

If you are at Lehigh, look for the guy with that gun and a befuddled look on his face. I'll be there before noon, oiling up the gun and maybe going for a round or two just to get the feel of the gun before my 1pm lesson. If you happen to be there around that time, feel free to shoot me a text 973 896 4388 and say hi - that would be my pleasure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:14 pm 
Crown Grade

BobFM wrote:
If you are at Lehigh, look for the guy with that gun and a befuddled look on his face. I'll be there before noon, oiling up the gun and maybe going for a round or two just to get the feel of the gun before my 1pm lesson. If you happen to be there around that time, feel free to shoot me a text 973 896 4388 and say hi - that would be my pleasure.

Looks like the boys settled on MH (weather permitting :? ), about an hour closer for us. Have a blast with your new CG. Nothing like a new gun. Of course we'll need a full review of your experience, both of gun & instructor....... :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:18 am 
Diamond Grade

Bob it’s been fun sharing your excitement over a new gun particularly as you’re a new shooter. If I were closer I’d take the day to be there and enjoy the experience with you. New gun day is always so much fun! Please be sure to get lots of pics.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:58 am 
Limited Edition

Thanks cheecho1960 and birdhunter39. Yeah it would be nice if a few guys posting here at SGW ever met up at a range and shot together. But then again, it's tough when/if people are at way different skill levels.
I'm pretty excited as this gun has been fitted to me. But I also don't want to jinx things with an overly optimistic expectation of killing those clays. I'm welcoming this as a start with good instruction and tons of practice - along with a nice gun to becoming proficient in the sport.

Hoping the rain holds off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Be careful Bob, if you don't watch it you'll be cradling the gun in your arms muttering "my precious, my precious." MAJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:46 pm 
Crown Grade

MAJENKINS wrote:
Be careful Bob, if you don't watch it you'll be cradling the gun in your arms muttering "my precious, my precious." MAJ

I don't get it. What is wrong with that?! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

oyeme wrote:
MAJENKINS wrote:

I don't get it. What is wrong with that?! :shock:

Golem in "Lord of the Rings." I have, however, been know to croon to my Syren Tempio, "who's a good girl? Yes you are, you're a good girl." MAJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:04 pm 
Limited Edition

MAJENKINS wrote:

Had a very good day at Lehigh - with a good instructor - more about that in a couple of days. But it was a slight drizzle and on your recommendation (vis August Crocker) I used the Clenzoil on the gun - a quick down and dirty wipe down (I will clean the bores later) on the gun, but that stuff is great on the stock!

Thanks.

Last edited by BobFM on Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

hey now took it out in the rain!!!

where's the pics????

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:31 pm 
Limited Edition

birdhunter39 wrote:
hey now took it out in the rain!!!

where's the pics????

I tried posting a 5 second video, but couldn't do it for some reason.

Here's just one pic to prove I was there. :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 am 
Crown Grade

So :?: What's the verdict Bob :?: Did you get along with your new gun :?: ............ :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:07 am 
Limited Edition

cheecho1960 wrote:
So :?: What's the verdict Bob :?: Did you get along with your new gun :?: ............ :cry:

Yes I did. Before shooting the instructor asked me to mount the gun - checking for eye level and as predicted (I was fitted with an adjustable comb at CG by Andrew) it was spot on.
I also think the slightly shorter LOP helped also.
I only shot about 250 rounds and the gun is well balanced.

At this stage / for me having a good instructor is extremely critical at least for another session or two. But having a gun that fits me well makes it more enjoyable as well as productive. And practice and practice. The fact that the Summit Limited is a handsome gun is just a nice bonus.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:10 am 
Diamond Grade

250 is PLENTY!

Visited Albrights in Easton today and shouldered a couple of the CG's. I like their dimensions and the finishes were very nice. Great shop to visit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:49 am 
Limited Edition

birdhunter39 wrote:
250 is PLENTY!

Visited Albrights in Easton today and shouldered a couple of the CG's. I like their dimensions and the finishes were very nice. Great shop to visit.

250 IS plenty, but weent soooooo very fast and I like the ammo I bought there Federal Top Gun 2 3/4 dram - low recoil.

Good recommendation on Albrights and like them or not over other brands, the finish on the CG's are excellent, very impressive.