ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Invictus poi barrel regulation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am 
Field Grade

I've been trying to decide why I should or shouldn't get myself a Guerini. I got my wife a Syren Tempio sporting and I think I like it as much or more than she does!

Anyway, In the Invictus advertisement video, it says that the barrels are 100% certified for correct poi regulation. I cant find anything that says what Guerini's barrel regulations are. Does anyone know what they guarantee?

Luckily, My 686 sporting is fairly close, but I've read horror stories of Beretta's sloppy 6" poi barrel regulation. That's the main reason Im looking at spending almost $3g more for an Invictus over Beretta's new 694. Then on the other hand....I can get a custom stocked DT11 for another 2400.00 that I'd think would hit ALOT tighter than 6".

I just dont know which way to go :dizzy:
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Invictus poi barrel regulation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:09 am 
Diamond Grade

IMO the value of the CG line drops off beyond about $5k.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:42 am 
Crown Grade

I suppose the easy answer is call Guerini and ask.

Some years back there was thread about this exact question. IIRC (and I could be wrong) the claim was that Berreta allow a tolerance of 8" from POA for each barrel and that they didn't give a figure for barrel to barrel, suggesting that they could be out of convergence by as much as 16". The poster went on to say that CG's figures were 4" from POA and also 4" barrel to barrel.

I have had a gun back in the day which had barrels shooting about a foot apart at 30yds but none of the 3 Berettas I've owned had POA/POI problems and nor does my Guerini. However a guy I used to shoot with bought a new 682 about 10 years ago and with that one there was no doubt the barrels did not shoot to the same POA. I don't know the outcome as he left the gang in a huff after someone told him his gun needed new barrels.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:07 pm 
Field Grade

I went today to look at several different Guerini's, and a couple of Zoli's. I didn't have intentions of buying today but I couldn't pass up the deal I got and I loved the wood...so I did.

Only shot a couple of boxes out of it but I really like it so far.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:21 pm 
Crown Grade

Just to be irritating, what if the gun you shoot the best and have the highest score with has terrible barrel regulation. Does it still upset you, even though you inkballs everything in this hypothetical situation?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:03 am 
Field Grade

blackandgold wrote:
Just to be irritating, what if the gun you shoot the best and have the highest score with has terrible barrel regulation. Does it still upset you, even though you inkballs everything in this hypothetical situation?

Never actually thought about it that way. In the past, I usually shoot a pattern plate before I shoot at many clays. So far, The handful I've had were within a couple inches or so...which is closer than I can shoot. I dont think I'll even shoot this Guerini at a plate.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 am 
Crown Grade

komatsu wrote:
blackandgold wrote:

Never actually thought about it that way. In the past, I usually shoot a pattern plate before I shoot at many clays. So far, The handful I've had were within a couple inches or so...which is closer than I can shoot. I dont think I'll even shoot this Guerini at a plate.....

Good plan! Ignorance is bliss and maintains your confidence in the equipment. {hs#

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:50 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

komatsu wrote:
I like it as much or more than she does!

Anyway, In the Invictus advertisement video, it says that the barrels are 100% certified for correct poi regulation. I cant find anything that says what Guerini's barrel regulations are. Does anyone know what they guarantee?

Less than 3 inches @ 35 meters for all CG models, according to Georgio Guerini.

http://randywakeman.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:59 am 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:

Well gee...color me a simpleton if you will, but I always thought the object of shooting a gun was to hit the target...? :D

Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:51 am 
Field Grade

komatsu wrote:
I've been trying to decide why I should or shouldn't get myself a Guerini. I got my wife a Syren Tempio sporting and I think I like it as much or more than she does!

Luckily, My 686 sporting is fairly close, but I've read horror stories of Beretta's sloppy 6" poi barrel regulation. That's the main reason Im looking at spending almost $3g more for an Invictus over Beretta's new 694. Then on the other hand....I can get a custom stocked DT11 for another 2400.00 that I'd think would hit ALOT tighter than 6".

Thanks!

you have heard horror stories but i have lived them. beretta has 6" in each barrel, thats a total of 12". this is the same for all beretta over/under even the dt11. you can call beretta and after waiting 30 minutes in thier phone system you can speak to a real butt about it. or you can call ceaser guerini and within 30 secounds speak to a nice lady who can answer any question you have

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I can attest that moorewhiskey is spot on!

moorewhiskey wrote:
komatsu wrote:

Thanks!

you have heard horror stories but i have lived them. beretta has 6" in each barrel, thats a total of 12". this is the same for all beretta over/under even the dt11. you can call beretta and after waiting 30 minutes in thier phone system you can speak to a real butt about it. or you can call ceaser guerini and within 30 secounds speak to a nice lady who can answer any question you have

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:02 pm 
Field Grade

dlh711 wrote:
I can attest that moorewhiskey is spot on!

moorewhiskey wrote:
komatsu wrote:

Thanks!

I've put 1400 rounds through my invictus in the very short time Ive had it. I have zero regrets with my purchase!