ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:07 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm
Posts: 109
Just a heads up. If anyone is on Facebook, Caesar Guerini has an Owners Group started on there. Looks like there's quite a few Guerini shotgun owners on there conversating. Worth checking out...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2588544301419895/




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm
Posts: 109
Looks like there's one for Fabarm Owners too... https://www.facebook.com/groups/2998471513508721/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:21 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Central Florida
Yes. And as I mentioned on another board, whatever you do... don't post anything, or answer any comments that may show Caesar Guerini, Fabarm, or Syren in any negative light.
You will be booted instantly.

I answered a couple of questions posed by another user, describing some trouble my girlfriend had with both her Syren L4s and her Syren Tempio Sporting and I was booted from the group and sent a chastising message about it.

My girl and I have five Caesar Guerini/Syren guns between us. Love them.
However, do not mention anything negative, or any problem/issue you may have had in their 'official' group.


Last edited by cflanon on Sat May 02, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:36 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Posts: 2422
First mistake is having a Facebook personal account

_________________
Never sell a gun you shoot well, no matter how ugly or unpopular.
Copyright 2020 by SEB7515. All Rights Reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:44 am 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm
Posts: 109
To this claim about posts get deleted...

I'll say this much. Some guy was on the Syren group calling people from their company "idiots"... Then posted photos of his broken Beretta all over the comments. My wife saw those and couldn't believe it. And if that's what you're talking about getting deleted, then it makes 100% perfect sense to me. On what planet is a brand going to let someone talk crap and call them idiots? :lol: I have zero problem with that.

Funny thing is... even after all that, this guy wasn't even banned. He's back on there posting. So what's the issue again??

And yes, there are posts on the CG group and Syren with people having some issues and the company is on there and offers advice and tries to help. Or asks them to call in for help. So I'm sorry, but I'm calling BS on this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:53 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:21 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Central Florida
I went back and reread those posts to make sure, so maybe you need to do the same, as your vision and reading comprehension may not be that great. Not once was the word “idiot“ used, nor was Caesar Guerini or Syren called disparaging names.
I’ve seen those same photos, and they were shown as just examples of what happens when a tang screw breaks. It was common with the Beretta 690 and 692, yet not something typical with other brands, specifically Caesar Guerini. Therefore odd that I’ve now seen it on a few Syren/CG models.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1083
Location: Dallas, Texas
One thing I have always admired about the CG forums on SGW is the civility, even when in disagreement, that the posters use in responding to each other. I'd hate to see us lose that. MAJ

_________________
'Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to be a giant earth-shattering kaboom!" Marvin the Martian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:28 am 
Field Grade

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:21 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Central Florida
Agreed.
It’s been really tough at times, as I just want to scream out at what a jacka$$ some people are. Some particular people just seem to WANT and NEED to argue, just for the sake of arguing.
At times, I have failed and ended up not being so civil.
However, I have gone back in some instances and corrected myself.
At times, I realize that "I" can be the jacka$$.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:45 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:21 pm
Posts: 5191
Location: UK
MAJENKINS wrote:
One thing I have always admired about the CG forums on SGW is the civility, even when in disagreement, that the posters use in responding to each other. I'd hate to see us lose that. MAJ
We all belong to a sort of club for the more discerning shotgun owner. We're special. :lol: :lol:

_________________
“when Muslims are in the minority they are very concerned with minority rights, when they are in the majority there are no minority rights.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1083
Location: Dallas, Texas
We are special, while we often disagree, personal attacks are rare. And when asked for, good advice is given. Why I remember one English gentlemen advising me as to whether my socks go over my breeks or my breeks go over my socks when I was getting ready to go to a "dress like you are in the highlands" sporting clay shoot. MAJ

_________________
'Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to be a giant earth-shattering kaboom!" Marvin the Martian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:30 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm
Posts: 109
cflanon wrote:
I went back and reread those posts to make sure, so maybe you need to do the same, as your vision and reading comprehension may not be that great.


Wow, awfully defensive there cflanon. Easy there pal. Anyhow, this wasn't meant to stir the pot. Just stated some observations. Sorry gang if it caused an uproar. The keyboard warrior stuff is just a pet peeve of mine. Probably from decades in customer service where I've met my share of difficult personalities. Just never been a fan of airing out a grievance with a company on the internet. But I digress... Moving on. :)

Love the community on the boards BTW. I enjoy it too MAJ. "special" yeah that's a good word for us :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 2712
MDshooterSam wrote:
cflanon wrote:
I went back and reread those posts to make sure, so maybe you need to do the same, as your vision and reading comprehension may not be that great.


Wow, awfully defensive there cflanon. Easy there pal. Anyhow, this wasn't meant to stir the pot. Just stated some observations. Sorry gang if it caused an uproar. The keyboard warrior stuff is just a pet peeve of mine. Probably from decades in customer service where I've met my share of difficult personalities. Just never been a fan of airing out a grievance with a company on the internet. But I digress... Moving on. :)

Love the community on the boards BTW. I enjoy it too MAJ. "special" yeah that's a good word for us :lol:



Right..." we`re special "....anybody remember the term " stuck up "? :lol: Just kidding, everybody!

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1083
Location: Dallas, Texas
Me, I was raised by Old Southern Family sugar plum b!tches, who never raised their voices or used vulgarity. But they could eviscerate you with a look and a word. MAJ

_________________
'Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to be a giant earth-shattering kaboom!" Marvin the Martian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 2712
MAJENKINS wrote:
Me, I was raised by Old Southern Family sugar plum b!tches, who never raised their voices or used vulgarity. But they could eviscerate you with a look and a word. MAJ


The part about eviscerations with a look and a word? My Mama! Steel magnolia personified.

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1083
Location: Dallas, Texas
Tide, no one has ever been able to load so much guilt into the word "disappointed" as those women. MAJ

_________________
'Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to be a giant earth-shattering kaboom!" Marvin the Martian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 am
Posts: 4083
Location: Western Tampa, FL
MAJENKINS wrote:
We are special, while we often disagree, personal attacks are rare. And when asked for, good advice is given. Why I remember one English gentlemen advising me as to whether my socks go over my breeks or my breeks go over my socks when I was getting ready to go to a "dress like you are in the highlands" sporting clay shoot. MAJ


Mary Anne,

So just in case I get invited to a "proper" driven pheasant shoot; which is it? I am going to say it should be socks over breeks. I don't want to embarrass my loader, Percival.

Lord Allhatnocattle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:01 am 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:57 am
Posts: 129
FWIW, just so happens that I called and talked to CG USA yesterday afternoon. They could not have been more helpful, forthcoming and welcoming. I have no complaints with the gun, nor with the support and service. Honestly, I wish I could expect the same level of courtesy and open discussion with some other vendors. They are not unique in that regard, as there are plenty of good companies out there. It's just that there are also plenty that suck in supporting their product, and CG is not one of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1083
Location: Dallas, Texas
oyeme wrote:
MAJENKINS wrote:
We are special, while we often disagree, personal attacks are rare. And when asked for, good advice is given. Why I remember one English gentlemen advising me as to whether my socks go over my breeks or my breeks go over my socks when I was getting ready to go to a "dress like you are in the highlands" sporting clay shoot. MAJ


Mary Anne,

So just in case I get invited to a "proper" driven pheasant shoot; which is it? I am going to say it should be socks over breeks. I don't want to embarrass my loader, Percival.

Lord Allhatnocattle


Oh dearie me. First the proper name for Percival is "gun valet." According to my field fashion advisor Trickster, the socks are pulled over the breeks, and then folded down. If you are wearing boots, the fold goes over the top of the boot. Really very practical, pulling the socks over the breeks helps keep the breeks from riding up, and folding over the top of the boots keeps water out of the boots. MAJ

_________________
'Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to be a giant earth-shattering kaboom!" Marvin the Martian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:09 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
Posts: 2712
MAJENKINS wrote:
oyeme wrote:
MAJENKINS wrote:
We are special, while we often disagree, personal attacks are rare. And when asked for, good advice is given. Why I remember one English gentlemen advising me as to whether my socks go over my breeks or my breeks go over my socks when I was getting ready to go to a "dress like you are in the highlands" sporting clay shoot. MAJ


Mary Anne,

So just in case I get invited to a "proper" driven pheasant shoot; which is it? I am going to say it should be socks over breeks. I don't want to embarrass my loader, Percival.

Lord Allhatnocattle


Oh dearie me. First the proper name for Percival is "gun valet." According to my field fashion advisor Trickster, the socks are pulled over the breeks, and then folded down. If you are wearing boots, the fold goes over the top of the boot. Really very practical, pulling the socks over the breeks helps keep the breeks from riding up, and folding over the top of the boots keeps water out of the boots. MAJ



This is all VERY strange to an old country boy from south Alabama that grew up chasing quail with his daddy and a bird dog named Joe through the briers and brambles of his grandfather`s farm with a 16 gauge Stevens 311 sXs! I don`t recall paying too much attention to where my socks were and what they were pulled up over...or not. What the hell`s a " breek" anyway? And we sure didn`t have a " gun valet" !

_________________
Fabarm L4S Initial Hunter
Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Owners Group on Facebook
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:34 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1083
Location: Dallas, Texas
"Breeks" are the shooting pants that buckle just below the knees. Actually pretty practical for rainy weather and fairly high grass as they don't get wet, and if you aren't wearing boots, you just have to change your socks.

And being as you're from Alabama, my Tidal friend, you are probably more used to varlets than valets.

Did you ever hunt quit from mule-back? MAJ



_________________
'Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to be a giant earth-shattering kaboom!" Marvin the Martian


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: 204_ruger, 3200, Alleycat, Anatidae, Auldthymer, BG1187, Bing [Bot], Blackdog56, chairman, Coastie01, Colt99, Curly N, desmobob, Drew Hause, Ed Usinowicz, EricB, ETN, EuroMan, FL-Shooter, Gold E, gomerdog, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], GunnerFrank, hawglips, hopper810, John H, jrmev, komatsu, mb94, MTmag, munsterlander, Rack-N-Roy, railroad, rkumetz, shacked, sneem2, uplandgb


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group    - DMCA Notice