ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CG vs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have had a beretta 692 for about 6 months that I like, its well balanced solid gun but the stock and comb height feel like more of a field gun. I had an adjustable comb I stalled and have that jacked up as high as it goes.

Handled a stock Summit sporting today and it feels like a substantially higher comb height - nearly spot on without adjustment.

I have a life long pro beretta bias but at this point, with the amount of money I am spending, I want the gun that fits the best and hopefully I enjoy shooting more.

Any former Beretta shooters had the same experience and feel for CG especially stock/comb height?

Title should say VS but typing on a phone is not easy!

Post subject: CG bs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

Your comment about feeling like a field stock is dead on in my experience. I shot beretta casually for some time and was never totally at home on the stock. Latest model was a onyx pro sporting. Shouldered 692 and felt no real difference vs the 686. Shouldered some CG target models and absolutely felt the fit was much better. Didn’t end up with cg as I went zoli at the time but for sure you aren’t the only one who’s noticed the difference.

Post subject: Re: CG bs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:29 am 
Crown Grade

Same here. I've had 3 Beretta sporters and eventually realised that higher stocks fit me better. I don't want an adjustable and fortunately the standard CG sporter stock was just right.

There were several other reasons for switching to CG but fit was a big factor.

Post subject: Re: CG bs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 am 
Field Grade

I have had several Beretta shotguns from a White Onyx to a DT10. The First time I shouldered a CG it was a perfect feel and fit for me. I have been very happy with both my Invictus VII and my Summit Sporting 20ga. I can't see any reason for me to change brand loyalty in the near future since my CG's are going to last a long time.