ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CG vs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have had a beretta 692 for about 6 months that I like, its well balanced solid gun but the stock and comb height feel like more of a field gun. I had an adjustable comb I stalled and have that jacked up as high as it goes.

Handled a stock Summit sporting today and it feels like a substantially higher comb height - nearly spot on without adjustment.

I have a life long pro beretta bias but at this point, with the amount of money I am spending, I want the gun that fits the best and hopefully I enjoy shooting more.

Any former Beretta shooters had the same experience and feel for CG especially stock/comb height?

Title should say VS but typing on a phone is not easy!

Post subject: CG bs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 pm 
Diamond Grade

Your comment about feeling like a field stock is dead on in my experience. I shot beretta casually for some time and was never totally at home on the stock. Latest model was a onyx pro sporting. Shouldered 692 and felt no real difference vs the 686. Shouldered some CG target models and absolutely felt the fit was much better. Didn’t end up with cg as I went zoli at the time but for sure you aren’t the only one who’s noticed the difference.

Post subject: Re: CG bs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:29 am 
Crown Grade

Same here. I've had 3 Beretta sporters and eventually realised that higher stocks fit me better. I don't want an adjustable and fortunately the standard CG sporter stock was just right.

There were several other reasons for switching to CG but fit was a big factor.

Post subject: Re: CG bs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 am 
Field Grade

I have had several Beretta shotguns from a White Onyx to a DT10. The First time I shouldered a CG it was a perfect feel and fit for me. I have been very happy with both my Invictus VII and my Summit Sporting 20ga. I can't see any reason for me to change brand loyalty in the near future since my CG's are going to last a long time.

Post subject: Re: CG vs Beretta 692
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:35 pm 
Field Grade

i have a summit sporting with 32inch barrels. never really got used to the long barrel and higher comb. bought a 692 with 30inch barrels in Nov.2019. it has less than 8,000 rounds and the barrels have ben replaced twice. two months at beretta and two months at coles. as soon as it comes back from coles it will be traded up for an invictus. F... beretta!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:33 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Beretta 694 with fixed comb has less drop than previous models. I just bought one, fully expecting to have to cut in an adjustable comb, but it fits me out of the box. My older 686 and
687 both needed the comb raised.

moorewhiskey, your experience is unlike that of every Beretta owner I know; and I know many. I feel sorry for what you had to go through.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

I purchased a CG Summit sporting 20,28,410. When I order it I was going to have a adj. comb installed by my local guy. Well the gun fits and shoot well so no need for adj. comb.

Just order a CG Sporting Summit 12 ga. without Adj. Comb. Will be interesting to see how it fits.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

Curious what the issues were with the two different barrel sets?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:21 pm 
Field Grade

shacked wrote:

the 1st set that came with the gun shot 12.5 inches apart, top 5 inches high and bottom 7.5 inches low. Beretta had my gun for 5 weeks and sent it back saying they fixed it. It shot 5 inches high and 7 inches low after they "fixed it". Only after Joel Echten got involved did Beretta agree to replace the barrels.
After 4 more weeks i received the gun back, it had used barrels fitted to it. Yes, a brand new $3,555 gun 2 months old with used barrels! The top lever was almost dead center but it did hit where it was pointed. 7 to 8k rounds later i sent it to Coles for an oversize locking bolt and tune up that cost me $430. Coles sent it back after 4 weeks in the exact same condition i sent it to them in. Turns out beretta used an oversized locking bolt to fit a used barrel to my gun and did such a piss pour job that they had worn beyond repair.
As i said before and will say agian to anybody, anywhere, anytime F U Beretta!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:42 am 
Tournament Grade

moorewhiskey wrote:
shacked wrote:

the 1st set that came with the gun shot 12.5 inches apart, top 5 inches high and bottom 7.5 inches low. Beretta had my gun for 5 weeks and sent it back saying they fixed it. It shot 5 inches high and 7 inches low after they "fixed it". Only after Joel Echten got involved did Beretta agree to replace the barrels.
After 4 more weeks i received the gun back, it had used barrels fitted to it. Yes, a brand new $3,555 gun 2 months old with used barrels! The top lever was almost dead center but it did hit where it was pointed. 7 to 8k rounds later i sent it to Coles for an oversize locking bolt and tune up that cost me $430. Coles sent it back after 4 weeks in the exact same condition i sent it to them in. Turns out beretta used an oversized locking bolt to fit a used barrel to my gun and did such a piss pour job that they had worn beyond repair.
As i said before and will say agian to anybody, anywhere, anytime F U Beretta!!!
Ouch. That really sounds like a nightmare.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:59 am 
Diamond Grade

OP try the 694 before going CG if you want to stick with the brand but don’t be afraid to switch if it means better fit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:47 am 
Crown Grade

dcr5468 wrote:
Any former Beretta shooters had the same experience and feel for CG especially stock/comb height?

Went from a Cole 687 sporter to a CG Challenger. I like a high stocked gun and many of the Beretta's aren't. Looked at the 692 and thought new (*) fore end, (*) trigger plate attachment and (*) extractor/ejector system was a bit much and decided to go with proven.