Shotgun Forum banner

Recoil pad for L4S?

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Flanagan77 
#1 ·
The L4S is the best pheasant gun I've ever had.

But . . . . something about the pad bugs me.

Had anyone replaced their factory pad and if so, what with what model and size and what has been your experience?

#4 ·
Tidefanatic said:
If your gun has the standard 12 mm pad, Fabarm also has a 22 mm. That`s provided that it`s the thickness that`s prompting your desire for change.
Sorry, should have ruled that part of it out! It's not the thickness, just something about the way it feels/sits when I mount the gun to my shoulder. The thickness, in the middle, is pretty much right on.

If anything, I think it's that it's concave (more so than apparently I like, and I know it's not much).

#9 ·
I also did not like the factory pad and used a Kickeeze that fit well. However, also agree that the Fabarm forum might get better info. I have noticed a lot of Fabarm posts ending up here and maybe some don't realize there is a section just for Fabarm???

#11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

Been so long since I've posted, I guess I just remembered going to this subforum in the past and didn't notice or know about the Fabarm subforum the last couple of times I've had questions.

Anyway, it was posted here and again, thanks for the suggestions.

#12 ·
I was planning to head to a gunsmith this evening who was going to fit/grind the new recoil pad. Because I've been thinking of experimenting with the shim for a little more cast off and a little more drop, I decided I should do that first so I wouldn't have to remove the new pad after it was installed.

Well, I put in the shim I thought would work and . . . eye right down the barrel, and the gun honestly settles in just right. Seems odd to me, but I keep shouldering it and there is a noticeable difference and the issue with the recoil pad isn't bugging me - the way it fits into where it is fitting is just fine. So, no recoil pad replacement for now and I'll chase some pheasants and see what happens.

Again, seems odd to me I just couldn't make it work before, but it really is different and I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.