ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Invictus Coin Finish
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:39 pm 
Crown Grade

Is there a history of problems with this finish? A friend has one that he bought about a year ago and is experiencing rust issues on both the underside of the trigger guard as well as the area beneath the tang. He takes good care of his guns , wiping them down after each use. He has never experienced similar problems with his other guns and is surprised to be experiencing this with a gun in this price range so soon after purchase. I thought I would ask if this is a known issue.

Post subject: Re: Invictus Coin Finish
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:01 am 
Crown Grade

To my knowledge there isn't a history of problems with the 'Invisalloy' finish. I do get the feeling that it's fairly easy to scratch and I have heard of it being damaged by wicked strength solvents. I've never made a particular point of wiping the gun down but for the occasional clean I use something gentle like Clenzoil.

If it were my gun I'd be inclined to call CG for advice.