ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just joined team CG
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:35 pm 
Crown Grade

After several years of interest in the CG lineup, the stars lined up out of the blue today and I am the owner of a used but very nice Summit sporting 12 with 32 inch barrels. Gun has been owned by two guys at my local club purchased new by one of them. Neither guy ever shot it much.

Just casual conversation during a tournament round today with the fellow that owned the gun currently. I mentioned to him that I was considering buying a CG and he tells me I should look at the safe queen he brought with him. We made a deal. He offered a very fair price and I brought it home.

I will call CG in Maryland this week and give them the serial number and see if it is eligible for a pit stop check up. I will also have them do the release trigger conversion that I will need and hopefully have it back to begin shooting and getting to know it in December and beyond.

NSCA 602398

Post subject: Re: Just joined team CG
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:18 pm 
Diamond Grade

Congrat's on getting the CG. I'm pretty sure that the pit stop program is only for the original owner. When I got my Magnus, used, a couple years ago I called and got the impression they were familiar with mine for some reason and said that they would do a one-time pit stop. It hasn't given me any problems so it's still at home. :D

As for release triggers, I'm seriously not a fan. I have a hand tremor that sometimes will pull a trigger before I'm ready and very knowledgeable instructor suggested looking into them, and I told him that I'd quit shooting before going over to the dark side.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hi Dave

Congratulations on the new purchase. I think you will be very happy. I have been very happy with my Maxum Impact. One of my students just bough5. Summit Sporting and it is a very nice gun.

Stay safe. Hopefully I will see you guys soon, been missing the great shoots at Hermon and Scarborough.

Wade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:50 am 
Crown Grade

wkirk wrote:
Hi Dave

Congratulations on the new purchase. I think you will be very happy. I have been very happy with my Maxum Impact. One of my students just bough5. Summit Sporting and it is a very nice gun.

Stay safe. Hopefully I will see you guys soon, been missing the great shoots at Hermon and Scarborough.

Wade

We miss seeing you and Ian at our events and hope things improve soon so you can make the long journey to shoot with us. Best to you, Dave

NSCA 602398

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:15 am 
Crown Grade

Stuck-N-Kali wrote:
Congrat's on getting the CG. I'm pretty sure that the pit stop program is only for the original owner. When I got my Magnus, used, a couple years ago I called and got the impression they were familiar with mine for some reason and said that they would do a one-time pit stop. It hasn't given me any problems so it's still at home. :D

As for release triggers, I'm seriously not a fan. I have a hand tremor that sometimes will pull a trigger before I'm ready and very knowledgeable instructor suggested looking into them, and I told him that I'd quit shooting before going over to the dark side.

I am pretty excited about the purchase. It will be a very nice addition to my gun safe.

Release triggers aren't the dark side. It is just a different piece of equipment that is as safe and reliable as any pull trigger. It is just different. The user needs to know how to operate it and safe the gun if needed which is easy. Just open the gun on a double or pull the bolt out of battery on a gas gun. I have used them for 8 years. That is 8 years of shooting enjoyment competing that I would have not had otherwise. Valued times shooting with my son and other friends. I am 58 and hopefully will have 20 plus more years shooting competitively.

Certainly my shooting life would be simpler if I had not had to go the route I did but here I am. I was a struggling severely with flinching in B class. Over time after the switch, i slowly made my way to Master though I will probably take the down class back to AA for 2021. I have had a ton of fun along the way and have no regrets.

NSCA 602398