ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:00 pm
Posts: 26
blackandgold wrote:
Luckily, we leave our registered super Sporting targets up for 1 week to a month. I don't get mad if they leave em up, setting 80 plus traps is a lot of work! I wish we had more space, we probably have 10-20 traps in reserve. All Promatics as far I've seen. :mrgreen:

When I would get bored there, another club has 3 traps super sporting just down the road, maybe 10 miles away. There is no FITASC, anywhere, ever, in my neck of the woods. There are some permanent parcours in Central, OH, but that is a hike. Me and my buddy (FITASC ref for NE, SE Regional among others) go practice there sometime. :mrgreen:

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

It still isn't the same as competition but I have saved a ton of money thanks to your advice. 50% off is heck of a coupon! I will thank you again! :mrgreen:




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:09 pm
Posts: 3234
Bmocaby97 wrote:
blackandgold wrote:
Luckily, we leave our registered super Sporting targets up for 1 week to a month. I don't get mad if they leave em up, setting 80 plus traps is a lot of work! I wish we had more space, we probably have 10-20 traps in reserve. All Promatics as far I've seen. :mrgreen:

When I would get bored there, another club has 3 traps super sporting just down the road, maybe 10 miles away. There is no FITASC, anywhere, ever, in my neck of the woods. There are some permanent parcours in Central, OH, but that is a hike. Me and my buddy (FITASC ref for NE, SE Regional among others) go practice there sometime. :mrgreen:

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

It still isn't the same as competition but I have saved a ton of money thanks to your advice. 50% off is heck of a coupon! I will thank you again! :mrgreen:


I'm assuming you put your response in with my quote and you meant to say: I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

My response:

If I had my way, FITASC would be the main event everywhere and English Sporting would be the side event. I'd probably actually even shoot a little of bit of registered as I would see the value in the expense. I don't blame my local rural clubs for not having FITASC, it is a tall ask. They are doing everything they can just to get Super Sporting.

Helice is the Holy Grail but the economics of throwing it are even more dismal than FITASC!

_________________
*Disclaimer* Not financially liable for spilled coffee on computers or keyboards if you read my posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:06 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 21554
B&G; try some of the bigger shoots if you have them in your area.
I will be attending one of the FL big blasts and all I will be shooting is the FITASC and the Super Sporting. Will be doing the same thing at the FL State shoot..............I can shoot regular, (English), at monthly shoots so I will spend my limited budget preferably shooting the more challenging games.

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:00 pm
Posts: 26
I'm assuming you put your response in with my quote and you meant to say: I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

My response:

If I had my way, FITASC would be the main event everywhere and English Sporting would be the side event. I'd probably actually even shoot a little of bit of registered as I would see the value in the expense. I don't blame my local rural clubs for not having FITASC, it is a tall ask. They are doing everything they can just to get Super Sporting.

Helice is the Holy Grail but the economics of throwing it are even more dismal than FITASC![/quote]


Yeah I'm still horrible at this reply/quotes on here so bare with me. But yes I'd like to shoot a FITASC but I like all my shooting clubs around here. Only 1 has registered shoots the rest are just local fun shoots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:49 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:09 pm
Posts: 3234
oneounceload wrote:
B&G; try some of the bigger shoots if you have them in your area.
I will be attending one of the FL big blasts and all I will be shooting is the FITASC and the Super Sporting. Will be doing the same thing at the FL State shoot..............I can shoot regular, (English), at monthly shoots so I will spend my limited budget preferably shooting the more challenging games.


We don't have bigger shoots. Closest FITASC is at Eagle's Nest in Central, OH. I'd like to try FITASC but not that interested at this time to do a 6 hr round trip.

@Bmocaby97 don't sweat it. SGW is old and buggy.

_________________
*Disclaimer* Not financially liable for spilled coffee on computers or keyboards if you read my posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:54 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 am
Posts: 286
Location: Washington State
ShowMe wrote:
My situation is just the opposite. As an NSSA Life Member I can shoot NSCA events via Cross-Fire.

Alas, NSCA rules say that since I was at one time a AAA skeet shooter, I must start in AA. No thanks.


If you are not competitive you will get down classed anyway the next year.

_________________
NRA Life Member
NSCA Member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 5523
dthudon wrote:
ShowMe wrote:
My situation is just the opposite. As an NSSA Life Member I can shoot NSCA events via Cross-Fire.

Alas, NSCA rules say that since I was at one time a AAA skeet shooter, I must start in AA. No thanks.


If you are not competitive you will get down classed anyway the next year.


There will never be a next year simply because there will not be a first year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:44 pm 
Crown Grade
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Posts: 21554
That's a shame; you're missing out on some good and challenging targets.

_________________
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory, Aldo Gucci

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:13 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 am
Posts: 286
Location: Washington State
ShowMe wrote:
dthudon wrote:
ShowMe wrote:
My situation is just the opposite. As an NSSA Life Member I can shoot NSCA events via Cross-Fire.

Alas, NSCA rules say that since I was at one time a AAA skeet shooter, I must start in AA. No thanks.


If you are not competitive you will get down classed anyway the next year.


There will never be a next year simply because there will not be a first year.


You show 'em! :roll:

_________________
NRA Life Member
NSCA Member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 5523
dthudon wrote:
ShowMe wrote:
My situation is just the opposite. As an NSSA Life Member I can shoot NSCA events via Cross-Fire.

Alas, NSCA rules say that since I was at one time a AAA skeet shooter, I must start in AA. No thanks.


If you are not competitive you will get down classed anyway the next year.


In what class did dthudon start?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:10 am 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 am
Posts: 286
Location: Washington State
I started in sporting clays E class. I had no previous experience as a AAA skeet shooter as you did, therefore the rule applies to you. Comparing apples and oranges does not validate your complaint.

If you don't like the rule, then don't shoot competitively. It's very simple.

_________________
NRA Life Member
NSCA Member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:47 am 
Crown Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 5523
dthudon wrote:
I started in sporting clays E class.


What's good for the gander is good for the goose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:28 pm 
Tournament Grade
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 am
Posts: 286
Location: Washington State
I am sure you will be missed :roll:



_________________
NRA Life Member
NSCA Member


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: .45colt, albanygun, barrelsquared, Bing [Bot], birdhunter39, Blackdog56, boosno1, bull64, casonet, CG504, chairman, cleboje, Curly N, Dave in AZ, detpar210, Drew Hause, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], I like pie, Jaspo01, jer901, johnnyappleseed55, Kannoncocker, KRIEGHOFFK80, leftex, lossking, LukeG, mactownbob, Majestic-12 [Bot], markjjj, Maser, Mkk, mpolans, MSN [Bot], oyeme, papillonkirby, pitted bore, PJR, popcorn09, Robert405, Rolexdr, saddlerocker, saskbooknut, Silver, stubblejumper, theweed42, toptechX6, williamcthomas, woody870


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
© 2017 Carbon Media Group Outdoors    - DMCA Notice