ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NSCA class question?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm 
Field Grade

blackandgold wrote:
Luckily, we leave our registered super Sporting targets up for 1 week to a month. I don't get mad if they leave em up, setting 80 plus traps is a lot of work! I wish we had more space, we probably have 10-20 traps in reserve. All Promatics as far I've seen. :mrgreen:

When I would get bored there, another club has 3 traps super sporting just down the road, maybe 10 miles away. There is no FITASC, anywhere, ever, in my neck of the woods. There are some permanent parcours in Central, OH, but that is a hike. Me and my buddy (FITASC ref for NE, SE Regional among others) go practice there sometime. :mrgreen:

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

It still isn't the same as competition but I have saved a ton of money thanks to your advice. 50% off is heck of a coupon! I will thank you again! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:13 pm 
Crown Grade

Bmocaby97 wrote:
blackandgold wrote:
Luckily, we leave our registered super Sporting targets up for 1 week to a month. I don't get mad if they leave em up, setting 80 plus traps is a lot of work! I wish we had more space, we probably have 10-20 traps in reserve. All Promatics as far I've seen. :mrgreen:

When I would get bored there, another club has 3 traps super sporting just down the road, maybe 10 miles away. There is no FITASC, anywhere, ever, in my neck of the woods. There are some permanent parcours in Central, OH, but that is a hike. Me and my buddy (FITASC ref for NE, SE Regional among others) go practice there sometime. :mrgreen:

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

It still isn't the same as competition but I have saved a ton of money thanks to your advice. 50% off is heck of a coupon! I will thank you again! :mrgreen:

I'm assuming you put your response in with my quote and you meant to say: I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

My response:

If I had my way, FITASC would be the main event everywhere and English Sporting would be the side event. I'd probably actually even shoot a little of bit of registered as I would see the value in the expense. I don't blame my local rural clubs for not having FITASC, it is a tall ask. They are doing everything they can just to get Super Sporting.

Helice is the Holy Grail but the economics of throwing it are even more dismal than FITASC!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:06 pm 
Crown Grade

B&G; try some of the bigger shoots if you have them in your area.
I will be attending one of the FL big blasts and all I will be shooting is the FITASC and the Super Sporting. Will be doing the same thing at the FL State shoot..............I can shoot regular, (English), at monthly shoots so I will spend my limited budget preferably shooting the more challenging games.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 pm 
Field Grade

I'm assuming you put your response in with my quote and you meant to say: I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd really like to shoot a FITASC but theres none close to me. And unfortunately with my job and the hours we work itd be hard for me to go shoot one. I like the challenge and harder presentations just for testing my skill but I also use a low mount anyways. Bird hunting alot that's just what I'm used too anyways.

My response:

If I had my way, FITASC would be the main event everywhere and English Sporting would be the side event. I'd probably actually even shoot a little of bit of registered as I would see the value in the expense. I don't blame my local rural clubs for not having FITASC, it is a tall ask. They are doing everything they can just to get Super Sporting.

Helice is the Holy Grail but the economics of throwing it are even more dismal than FITASC![/quote]

Yeah I'm still horrible at this reply/quotes on here so bare with me. But yes I'd like to shoot a FITASC but I like all my shooting clubs around here. Only 1 has registered shoots the rest are just local fun shoots.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:49 pm 
Crown Grade

oneounceload wrote:
B&G; try some of the bigger shoots if you have them in your area.
I will be attending one of the FL big blasts and all I will be shooting is the FITASC and the Super Sporting. Will be doing the same thing at the FL State shoot..............I can shoot regular, (English), at monthly shoots so I will spend my limited budget preferably shooting the more challenging games.

We don't have bigger shoots. Closest FITASC is at Eagle's Nest in Central, OH. I'd like to try FITASC but not that interested at this time to do a 6 hr round trip.

@Bmocaby97 don't sweat it. SGW is old and buggy.