ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone here use myskeet software for tournaments?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:35 pm 
Crown Grade

Curious if anyone uses myskeet to run their tournaments?

The website is fairly obtuse about what you can and can't do.

One of Many

Post subject: Re: Anyone here use myskeet software for tournaments?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:45 pm 
Diamond Grade

I talked with Ran at length two years ago. He said he had a patch coming out so I could use it at the club with no internet and upload when I got home. He was going to call me right away with more info. Gave me access to set up a shoot in the software. Never heard back from him.
In playing with it I found it as quirky as Valerio just in different ways. For smaller shoots I see no advantage to it plus or minus. Ran didn't follow up with me after telling me he would; I'm still running our shoots on Valerio.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:32 pm 
Crown Grade

Thank you, I use Valerio as well. Just investigating other possibilities. Prices just went up some on skeet manager so I thought it maybe time to look at what else is out there.

One of Many

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:23 am 
Diamond Grade

The guy that helps me run the shoots was absolutely giddy that we could text people for shoot offs. Then I reminded him that we can only shoot 30 people and they are standing on the porch when we call shoot offs. Lots of bells and whistles that probably would be nice at the world but no value for me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:46 am 
Crown Grade

You'd think that with all the talent we have at NSSA HQ, that NSSA would be all over this and have a non-quirky, viable shoot software package available to member clubs at little or no cost to the clubs. It's not rocket science after all. Some financial calculations with spreadsheet/database file manipulation with final results stored in a file format compatible with NSSA data entry system.

It took me about an hour or less to build a couple of spreadsheets that tracked fee entry and pay off calculations for our local shoots for of up to 35 to 40 shooters max. This was about 15 years ago and the local shoot managers are still using them.

We get all this hype from NSSA HQ on how they want to make the NSSA all about the members and member clubs, but it appears to be nothing more than just lip service year, after year, after year.

Sorry for the rant; I'm just totally disgusted with the lack of any meaningful help to the members and member clubs.

Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:10 pm 
Crown Grade

I like tournaments run with the MYSKEET much more than with Velario! You get a text when you register, and also, it sends you a text if you have a shootoff. Much nicer than the old style. Plus, shoot results gets posted to the MYSKEET website as soon as the shoot is over, and in fact, after each event!

The software is free to the shoot manager, and costs $1 to the shooter at registration time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:50 pm 
Limited Edition

John Henry wrote:
The software is free to the shoot manager, and costs $1 to the shooter at registration time.

$1 per event equals $4 or $5 per tournament.

A few more straws on the camel's back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:58 pm 
Crown Grade

Near as I can tell it won't cut checks, best it will do is save a csv file so you can perhaps import it into another software pakage and print checks. Kind of a deal breaker for me, I cut checks sunday evenings as a part of shoot wrap up.

It looks like in the paid shoot mgmt options you can hire them to run the shoot and cut checks. Nope.

One of Many

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:53 pm 
Diamond Grade

Getting a text for a shoot off is cool, especially at bigger shoots. For our club has no value.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:54 pm 
Crown Grade

J.Fred_Muggs wrote:
John Henry wrote:

$1 per event equals $4 or $5 per tournament.

A few more straws on the camel's back.

I knew someone would complain....oh brother.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:03 am 
Diamond Grade

Oh I would have to add the dollar cost into the shoot fee. a couple of my shooters would strip a gear if they saw it added on as a line item.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:58 am 
Crown Grade

Also, the iShoot software is great, too. Similar features to the MySkeet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:14 pm 
Crown Grade

Talked to ishoot folks, via email, briefly about running a shoot from multiple locations. I didn't really get a sense of how it works or what tournament costs would be. In this case it was a one day 2 event shoot with under 30 shooters. I never got a sense of what it would cost the clubs or the shooters.

Really, if these folks are serious about making these things work they need a spec sheet, costs, what participating clubs need to have for equipment, etc. available. If I'm running a shoot I need to know whats up, I need to know what its going to cost, and I need to know what I and other clubs have to have to make it work. I need to do this without making a science project out of it or needing an IT department to implement it.

One of Many