ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Change in lifetime membership for senior
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:53 pm 
Field Grade

Did they raise the lifetime membership price ? If so when ?

Post subject: Re: Change in lifetime membership for senior
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:17 pm 
Limited Edition

Senior membership is $600 or $900 for husband and wife. Voted on July 31, 2019.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Just sad... My buddy was waiting until over 60 to buy a Lifetime Membership; He just turned 61 and got the notice they upped the price like 300%.

Last edited by J.T. Guitar on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:23 am 
Crown Grade

D McMillen wrote:
Senior membership is $600 or $900 for husband and wife. Voted on July 31, 2019.

EC, by Telephone Conference.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

It’s wrong for the senior increase especially by 3X.
I did 3 or so years ago.
Do not understand the logic at all
Think the rule of unintended consequences will boomerang on this with decline in Senior lifetime membership going forwards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:32 pm 
Presentation Grade

deleted - I felt I may have been a bit harsh, especially, given the season. My apologies.

Last edited by Scardog7 on Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:46 pm 
Crown Grade

Scardog7 wrote:
"It's a no brainer."
Yep - no evidence of ANY brain function on that decision by management. :evil:

Retired

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:38 pm 
Crown Grade

They probably concluded that the Association would collect more in dues if seniors continued to renew annually.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:27 am 
Presentation Grade

mwr01 wrote:
They probably concluded that the Association would collect more in dues if seniors continued to renew annually.

So, given the factors,
- $40 Annual membership
- $100 for 3-year membership
- $600 for Senior Lifetime
- Senior in this case is someone 60+

The most likely outcome for someone 60+ is to do the annual or 3-yr and see if he still wants to compete in registered events, thereafter. I will predict that the number of Senior Lifetime memberships sold year over year will have dropped by more than 80%.

I don’t want to encourage any thinking on how to improve NSCA revenues as it’ll come at my expense and that of the clubs. So, I’ll leave it at that. It is a business and theirs to run.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:29 am 
Crown Grade

Scardog7 wrote:
mwr01 wrote:

So, given the factors,
- $40 Annual membership
- $100 for 3-year membership
- $600 for Senior Lifetime
- Senior in this case is someone 60+

The most likely outcome for someone 60+ is to do the annual or 3-yr and see if he still wants to compete in registered events, thereafter. I will predict that the number of Senior Lifetime memberships sold year over year will have dropped by more than 80%.

I don’t want to encourage any thinking on how to improve NSCA revenues as it’ll come at my expense and that of the clubs. So, I’ll leave it at that. It is a business and theirs to run.

I don’t disagree with you; my comment addressed motive, not whether or not NSSA/NSCA was making intelligent decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:45 am 
Tournament Grade

Seem's like this conversation is a matter of who's ox is getting gored. Those just now turning sixty feel the bite of the increase for senior life. I'm just a member and not voicing an opinion of the wisdom of the decision. However when I turned 60, dues were $25 and I questioned whether it was worth paying for another ten years up front to be a life member. Didn't know if I would be alive or even shooting. But figured the price of everything was going up and so far I'm right. My membership broke even in less than ten years as dues went up. The old price was an absolute steal and I think someone must have pointed out to the EC, that you could pay for a LIFE membership in five years and that might be a pretty free ride. So now seniors at current dues of $50 with magazine will have to keep shooting for twelve years to break even, but if you think dues will only be $50 in a few years, I might have some beach front property for you. So if you think your day's are numbered, I'd buy the yearly plan. I'll share another little secret with you. If you buy the life membership and stick around awhile, when you hit 70 it will have paid for itself and a whole new world of skeet will begin. It's called Veteran concurrent!! Skeet has been good to me, I'm no champion but I still love to compete. The most fun I've had in 35 years of skeet was when I turned Veteran. This new fun is competing with a whole lot of other old geisers and trust me, lot's of them can kick your butt. The competition can be fierce. Stick around, you will be glad you did. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:13 pm 
Utility Grade

I wish the price could drop due to the pandemic and the uncertainty it has created. I would love to buy the life membership, but I'm not sure what will happen anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:14 pm 
Utility Grade

I will still buy the full time membership even if it's more expensive as I see more value in it than paying yearly. I just wish the payment system used on the site was much more flexible to different forms of payments. I mean with all the electronic wallets and crypto coin madness there are many people including myself who love paying with alternative ways. I think you guys should look into what maxpay can offer you as you might end up getting more money from more subscriptions. :) On top of that you can simplify the recurring subs as they can be done automatically from people who don't like to redo it every month.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:21 am 
Presentation Grade

$$$ Let's think over 60. $40yr into $600= 15yrs. At 75 how many more years would they compete? Life time for a junior shooter is the deal. $$$

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

With targets down and annual memberships down someone has to pay for $20k annually in scholarships.

http://www.sminglershotgunsports.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.