Shotgun Forum banner

Change in lifetime membership for senior

13K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  tdyoung58 
#1 ·
Did they raise the lifetime membership price ? If so when ?

#5 ·
It's wrong for the senior increase especially by 3X.
I did 3 or so years ago.
Do not understand the logic at all
Think the rule of unintended consequences will boomerang on this with decline in Senior lifetime membership going forwards

#6 ·
Scardog7 said:
"It's a no brainer."
Yep - no evidence of ANY brain function on that decision by management. :evil:

#8 ·
mwr01 said:
They probably concluded that the Association would collect more in dues if seniors continued to renew annually.
So, given the factors,
- $40 Annual membership
- $100 for 3-year membership
- $600 for Senior Lifetime
- Senior in this case is someone 60+

The most likely outcome for someone 60+ is to do the annual or 3-yr and see if he still wants to compete in registered events, thereafter. I will predict that the number of Senior Lifetime memberships sold year over year will have dropped by more than 80%.

I don't want to encourage any thinking on how to improve NSCA revenues as it'll come at my expense and that of the clubs. So, I'll leave it at that. It is a business and theirs to run.

#9 ·
Scardog7 said:
mwr01 said:
They probably concluded that the Association would collect more in dues if seniors continued to renew annually.
So, given the factors,
- $40 Annual membership
- $100 for 3-year membership
- $600 for Senior Lifetime
- Senior in this case is someone 60+

The most likely outcome for someone 60+ is to do the annual or 3-yr and see if he still wants to compete in registered events, thereafter. I will predict that the number of Senior Lifetime memberships sold year over year will have dropped by more than 80%.

I don't want to encourage any thinking on how to improve NSCA revenues as it'll come at my expense and that of the clubs. So, I'll leave it at that. It is a business and theirs to run.
I don't disagree with you; my comment addressed motive, not whether or not NSSA/NSCA was making intelligent decisions.

#10 ·
Seem's like this conversation is a matter of who's ox is getting gored. Those just now turning sixty feel the bite of the increase for senior life. I'm just a member and not voicing an opinion of the wisdom of the decision. However when I turned 60, dues were $25 and I questioned whether it was worth paying for another ten years up front to be a life member. Didn't know if I would be alive or even shooting. But figured the price of everything was going up and so far I'm right. My membership broke even in less than ten years as dues went up. The old price was an absolute steal and I think someone must have pointed out to the EC, that you could pay for a LIFE membership in five years and that might be a pretty free ride. So now seniors at current dues of $50 with magazine will have to keep shooting for twelve years to break even, but if you think dues will only be $50 in a few years, I might have some beach front property for you. So if you think your day's are numbered, I'd buy the yearly plan. I'll share another little secret with you. If you buy the life membership and stick around awhile, when you hit 70 it will have paid for itself and a whole new world of skeet will begin. It's called Veteran concurrent!! Skeet has been good to me, I'm no champion but I still love to compete. The most fun I've had in 35 years of skeet was when I turned Veteran. This new fun is competing with a whole lot of other old geisers and trust me, lot's of them can kick your butt. The competition can be fierce. Stick around, you will be glad you did. :wink:

#12 ·
I will still buy the full time membership even if it's more expensive as I see more value in it than paying yearly. I just wish the payment system used on the site was much more flexible to different forms of payments. I mean with all the electronic wallets and crypto coin madness there are many people including myself who love paying with alternative ways. I think you guys should look into what maxpay can offer you as you might end up getting more money from more subscriptions. :) On top of that you can simplify the recurring subs as they can be done automatically from people who don't like to redo it every month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.