ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NSCA Nationals 5-Stand
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:50 am 
Field Grade

Planning on making a weekend trip to the Nationals this year to look for my next clay gun from the assembled vendors. Thought I might shoot the 5-Stand while there. Is the complex arranged such that you don't need a cart to shoot 5-Stand. Couldn't tell from the map and thought I'd check with this learned board prior to a phone call.

Best

Post subject: Re: NSCA Nationals 5-Stand
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Last time I was there, the 5-stands were in front of the vendor buildings. You had to rotate through the 4 stands to get your 100 targets and I believe you could not drive your cart in that area. It may have changed since then.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

This greatly depends on how much walking you deem acceptable and/or what other events you plan to shoot in combination.

Additionally, the location depends on what class you are in.

For E-A, the location has been up near the golf cart rental building, right as you enter the complex off of Roft Road. For AA-M, its usually out near the other events like FITASC and Super Sporting.

In my opinion, Nationals do a good job of making things walkable. There is parking off the roads that many of the courses are on. It may be great to find a shuttle or someone to get a ride from to the course, but once your on the course, its easily walkable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:54 pm 
Utility Grade

The courses have been close enough to parking lots that you can walk to them. If not the folks at the registration desk will get you a ride. To and from.