ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What is the process for moving up a class?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:42 pm 
Utility Grade

I started shooting NSCA tournaments this year. I joined NSCA and started in D class, as new shooters do. I shot my third tournament of the year and got the top spot in D. This result gives me one punch. I found this item in the rulebook.

1) A shooter who has never shot any registered clay targets will be assigned Class "D."
i. During the first 300 targets shot in 12 gauge events, if the shooter earns a punch in “D” Class, he/she will be moved to “C” Class

As I received this punch during my first 300 targets, I believe this means I move from D to C. How does this process work? Does the NSCA reclassify me automatically? If I register for another tournament before officially reclassifying, do I need to class up and shoot in C? I appreciate any insight.

Last edited by Buckeye99 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What is the process for moving up a class?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:47 pm 
Crown Grade

If the rules state what you posted, then you will be C class at your next shoot.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You can login to the NSCA website and after the scores from the shoot are sent in you can check your class. At most shoots when you register they check your class but if not, you are responsible for knowing what class you are in and registering in that class.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 pm 
Crown Grade

jrmev wrote:
You can login to the NSCA website and after the scores from the shoot are sent in you can check your class. At most shoots when you register they check your class but if not, you are responsible for knowing what class you are in and registering in that class.

Jim

You have actually had folks at shoots check your class with the NSCA? I have never seen that happen, even at major events like the Open.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:15 pm 
Limited Edition

Yes you should tell the person you are in C class at your next event if you go before it is posted. That has happened to me twice. I punched up one weekend and had to tell them when I registered at the shoot the next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:20 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you. So once the results post to the NCSA website, the site should show me in "C"?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:37 pm 
Crown Grade

It may or may not at this time, as the Nationals just finished. So, just tell them you punched up to C class.
Good luck at your next shoot!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

you my friend are in C class indeed, as stated check the NSCA website for your class, usually 9 out of 10 times, it's been updated before the next shoot.

Enjoy the punch, and keep grinding........one class at a time.

NSCA#620844
"regarde le putain d'oiseau"