ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NSCA, Volunteers and Course Setting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:34 pm 
Crown Grade

blackandgold wrote:
oneounceload wrote:
Is it because you and your group can't be trusted to be honest? Why are you so adamant about the refs for monthly local shoots? Are you willing to shell out $100 instead of $70 for the same targets? Most are not; hence why NSCA wants 3 man minimum squads to keep some modicum of honesty. Is it perfect? Absolutely NOT. Is it better than NO registered at all? Absolutely YES

No, it is because we view SYO as expensive practice. If we are going to go from $21 per hundred everyday (our tournaments are left up including lifts) to $65 or more for SYO we would rather pony up $1 to $1.50 per bird. Maybe more if need be. We do SYO everyday on the course and we want something different.

Again, I realize that SYO is the reality for probably most monthly shoots. And that is A OK, but for the increase in cost I'd rather shoot a flat or two on a Monday since my courses leave them up.

If you truly believe it is nothing more than expensive practice, than why bother to shoot these events? Shoot them the day before or after at a savings and then they become reasonably=priced practice.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

Post subject: Re: NSCA, Volunteers and Course Setting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:36 pm 
Crown Grade

1oz: that is exactly what I do. SYO is a pass. Now we do have 1 club in my area that advertises $35 shoots with trappers. I may swing by to see if that is legit. They also allow you to shoot the tournament unregistered and skip NSCA fees and punches.