ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NSSA shoot reports? Manual version.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:00 am 
Crown Grade

I use skeet manager to file our reports, so I know how that works. There is a one field club nearby that wants to throw a registered shoot and they asked for help filing the shoot reports with the nssa. I did this for them 3 or 4 years ago and used skeet manager - it was a violation of the software licensing agreement and I got in a spot of trouble for it. So if I'm going to help them out, it won't be with skeet manager.

So, I'm looking at the spreadsheet version on the nssa site as an alternative approach. Wondering if for a max of 15 shooters is this easy enough to use? It makes no sense for them to license skeet manager for one 15 man shoot every 3 or 4 years. They will run the shoot on the board and give me all the scores and registration information when the dust settles. I'll build a shoot report from that and submit it for them.

Fixed post title, darn autocorrect is going start ww3 someday.

One of Many

Post subject: Re: NSSA shoot reports? Manual version.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 am 
Presentation Grade

I would manage that on paper w/o the software. I have various worksheets, scoreboards, etc. If you'd like I will mail supplies up to you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:32 am 
Crown Grade

I have all that. I use autocad to create scoreboards and allready have their scoreboard created.

I just don't know exactly how to submit a shoot report and financials to nssa without skeet manager creating the csv text file. I've never submitted a shoot report not created by skeet manager before.

Eta:
I know I can send in a handwritten shooter registration form for each shooter with scores, concurrents, etc. written in along with a financial statement. Then NSSA gets to type all that in by hand. Seems quaintly archaic and I'll bet they love it.

The spreadsheet now on the website under club forms seems like it does the same thing, only electronically. So maybe better, faster, maybe a bit less error prone. So this is what I'm looking at.

Has anyone here used the spreadsheet?

One of Many

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:50 am 
Limited Edition

I've used the spreadsheet they have online many times and it works very well - I've never had an issue with it.

That being said, I found a new program that I'm planning to run my shoot with this year: https://mgr.myskeet.com/

Anyone else use it? Any suggestions on how it works for small shoots?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:02 pm 
Limited Edition

Have whomever contact NSSA Stephanie Haga and have her send the NSSA XL base shoot reporting file. It is free to use. I use it on my 1 field club. Just have to make sure that you have everybody who shoots NSSA Number or Cross Fire Number and their classification correct. All scores can be reported, as well as financial sheet. You can either mail a check in for fees or pay them via pay-pal. Once you have all the info saved, save the file and name it something differnt and upload to Stephanie.

Kicker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:56 am 
Tournament Grade

John H wrote:

I just don't know exactly how to submit a shoot report and financials to nssa without skeet manager creating the csv text file.

In excel - File - save as - save type as - .CSV (comma delimited) should work.