Shotgun Forum banner

Eusebio Arizaga 20g Forend

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  leftieD 
#1 ·
I've obtained a beautiful Eusebio Arizaga 20 gauge side-by-side. Unfortunately, there is no forend. I have found a gunsmith that will make a forend if I can find one for him to use as a guide.
I'd be willing to "rent" a forend as a loner if anyone has this gun. Forend would be returned after gunsmith completes his work.
Or, if anyone has a Arizaga in 20 gauge that they want to part with, I may be interested in purchasing.
The barrel marks are:
MADE IN SPAIN BY
EUSEBIO ARIZAGA PLACENCIA

Serial Number ix 35xxx with (20-70) on barrels and receiver

Many thanks.

#2 ·
Have you tried forearms from other 20 gauge Spanish makes to see if there may be a close fit? If so, your 'smith may be able to use that as a pattern.

It has been my understanding that AyA and Victor Sarasqueta were among the few Basque gunmakers that produced all their parts in house. There were a couple of Eibar area firms that supplied various parts and components to the Basque gun trade. After they ceased producing guns, Pedro Gorosabel became a major parts supplier producing a variety of springs, hammers, trigger guards, etc. Its possible that Eusebio Arizaga also employed generic parts made by others in his gunmaking.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.