ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The "Other" Sarasqueta's
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:34 pm 
Crown Grade

:D Hi all, we all know about Victor, but what about the other ones, Felix and JJ? Does anyone have an opinion on these markers, especially JJ. I see quite a few on the used market, don't look bad. "Spanish Best" has a few lines on them, but does anyone have any personal knowledge of them (Like you Frank, The Expert on Spanish Guns).

All the best!!

Greg

Post subject: re: The "Other" Sarasqueta's
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Nearly all Spanish guns are built to a price, so quality can vary even within one brand - depending upon the grade of the gun.

The Victor Sarasqueta guns were generally higher quality arms. The JJ and Felix guns were mainly less expensive field grade models. Some of the Felix guns I've seen were pretty basic, but still functional. I can't comment on their reliability or parts availability today.

Post subject: re: The "Other" Sarasqueta's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:13 am 
Crown Grade

Can't add much to what WinM12 said. Except that the Felix and JJ were disgruntled relatives (nephews, I believe) who went out on their own and traded based on the name.

As WinM12 said, the guns were made to a price point, and I believe that the Felix and JJ guns were biult during the "soft steel" period of the 70s and 80s.

Have a careful look at the gun before buying, especially with a sidelock.

Frank