ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let's play . . . Arrieta Trivia!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:17 am 
Presentation Grade

For those of you that know your Arrietas will recognize that this pair of 28-ga. Arrietas are not what they appear to be at first glance. Do you see what I see and can you identify what we're really looking at? (This 28-ga. pair of Arrietas are currently listed for sale.) Here are your clues:

Here's a link to this pair of 28-ga. Arrietas currently listed for sale. The seller is a high end dealer but, I believe has little knowledge of what he's actually selling. For the right purchaser, and/or for someone that wouldn't mind asking a few obvious questions that aren't answered or stated in the listing, this could possibly go down as the best buy he's ever made.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... =101430684

Post subject: Re: Let's play . . . Arrieta Trivia!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:33 am 
Field Grade

Hi. I saw those when they got listed for sale. I think they are model 570s but the gold crest on the trigger guard is reserved for Arrieta's better models which lead me to believe these may be self-openers. The only downside are the 16-1/2" stocks, not many folks are going to be able to fit into those so you would need to factor in a qualified double gun smith cutting them down and recheckering the butt. I agree they could be a best buy though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:09 pm 
Presentation Grade

Although they are engraved in the 570 style engraving take a close look at the number of pins. As you know a Model 570 utilizes 5-pin locks, these guns have 7-pin locks. Couple the number of pins with the Arrieta gold crest reserved for their higher end self-openers I have to believe the original purchaser spec'd an 800 series pair with 570 engraving.

I have an Arrieta price list from 2011. A pair of 28-ga. Arrietas from that time frame had a list price approaching $40K USD.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:27 pm 
Presentation Grade

The seller has edited his listing and has doubled his asking price from what was $7K and is now listing them at $14K for this pair of Arrietas.