ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Keep it Friendly!! This means the Reloading Forum!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Just checking

Post subject: Re: re: Keep it Friendly!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:34 am 
Limited Edition

Suggs1 wrote:
The foul language and political/personal attacks were unbearable!

Triple dittos. Frankly, I don't even know why politics are discussed on a forum devoted to shot gunning. My sport is my refuge from the problems of the world.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 am 
Field Grade

Just joined the forum and am a real novice to the reloading world and asked a lot of questions .I was surprised with the responses I received and most very positive and all helpful .As there is no one around me that reloads ,I would have given up if not for the kind souls that helped me me out !! Thanks greatly to all !

I would like to see a Like and Thanks Icon . Easy way to send those messages without taking up forum time and space .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:34 am 
Utility Grade

Amen, the forum I just left I never even asked a question on or answered one that I knew due to guy.s going way back in left field to let others know that they are stupid. While some people are born knowing-all, I am afraid that I was not in that class, probably fishin, huntin or just larking as i do.
I am here to learn, help if I can , and maybe make a few friends. I sure do not need any enemy's!
thanks, rogue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:04 am 
Field Grade

90% of what I know about shotgunning and reloading came from reading this forum. The other 10% turned out to be mostly bogus. Thanks to all the good guys and gals who hang out here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:46 am 
Field Grade

Thank you

Last edited by s&w 1000 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:58 am 
Limited Edition

neangler wrote:
TheTitan77 wrote:
How do I delete my account, I'm tired of people treating me like I'm an idiot solely for hypothetical questions

I've said it here before, and I'll say it again:

Once upon a time, fellows who enjoyed nice shotguns, bird dogs, and good hunting spoke, wrote, and acted like gentlemen.

Sadly, angry politics, rants on television and radio, and the like have infected everyone and people behave poorly. The ability to hide behind forums such as this allow people to act like uneducated rubes.

This forum is great and educational; it's too bad some participants spoil it for others.

I cherish the days afield. I'm fortunate enough to have a kind, sweet dog who does her best (see photo) and a shotgun I just love. On occasion I've met a fellow hunter in the grouse woods and every one of those exchanges has been filled with pleasant banter and camaraderie. That's the way our sport is supposed to be, in the grouse woods, on the sporting clays course, and on this forum. Let's listen to Mr. Angler's comments and act like gentlemen.

Post subject: Re: re: Keep it Friendly!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:43 am 
Field Grade

Thank you

Last edited by s&w 1000 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:05 am 
Crown Grade

Curly N wrote:
Trying to throw the moderator under the bus with your minimal time here is certainly not a good way to warranty a long existence here.

I found myself looking for the “LIKE” button. Curly is no Stooge!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:28 am 
Diamond Grade

Jebus, I'm a bystander here but it looks to me that if you spent as much time researching as you do posting the answer would have been arrived at some time ago.

Just my opinion. Carry on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:49 am 
Field Grade

ty

Last edited by s&w 1000 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:04 am 
Field Grade

ty

Last edited by s&w 1000 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:36 am 
Diamond Grade

I think you can safely assume no one here knows.

Also I believe no one is willing to do for you the work needed to find your answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm 
Crown Grade

Quote:
So readers of this forum you can see how Curly N has been treating me and I think very unfairly and that's why I reported him . I am also going to copy and paste this last comment to the owner so he can see that there is a problem with is moderator.

If you think you're going to drum up support for you and against Curly, you probably ought to re-think that.

Curly is probably the fairest moderator I've come across. And yes, if you're wondering, he's had to slap my hands a time or two.

-Securitization
Take your pick.

Always make an even number of mistakes. One may cancel out another.

"People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." --Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:35 am 
Field Grade

I said it on this message in the Slug Loader's forum and will say it again

Thanks for posting this...it's definitely nice to know that I recently joined a site that actually has the morals and values to say enough is enough with all of the negative behavior!

Now if only youtube/google would promote the same guidelines... me and my wife can hardly ever post a comment without a troll or some other deplorable person throwing out extremely vulgar language including sexual dialect.
Even after reporting them, this does very little to nothing since email providers allow you to create multiple email accounts and youtube provides users to create multiple channels under the same email address where by just because you report them and then their comments don't show up to you when they make more comments, they can easily switch to another user name through either signing in with a different email account or to another channel.
After nearly 4 years of this, we still have yet to receive a reply to our numerous messages to them concerning youtube removing their own filters which prevented the use of vulgar language!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:20 pm 
Crown Grade

Remember, an opinion is just an opinion & opinions often inspire creative thought! If you think I can't be wrong, I'll put you in touch with my Xwife. My present wife, whom I have learned it is not wise to disagree with gave me a coffee cup when we first got married. The inscription on the cup was,"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong". One of my favorite quotes: "One good test is worth 1,000 expert opinions" : H.P. White Laboratories. I have found over the years that more often than not, there is some truth on both sides of a disagreement!