ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How's the Lee Load-All II?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking to get my own shotshell reloader, I've used dad's for many years till I moved out and got married, silly me. I'll load primarily for hunting with the occasional trap shoot in there, but not registered shoot (yet anyway I was looking at the cost of the Lee Load All II as a nice benefit, but is it throwing away $40 that could go to a single-stage MEC? Dad's is a single-stage MEC, older than the hills, if it's a 600 jr. then it never had the black shell guides on the base, although the grooves worn in it are just as good! I could crank out 5 boxes/hour on that one if I worked at it, 3 if I took my sweet old time. Anyway, should I get a Lee Load All II or stick with a good used MEC, dad's is living proof that they won't wear out and can be repaired if needed, and I like the solid steel construction. I think I know the answer, but I've never used a Lee, I just want to know if they are a good value or not. Oh yeah, is the Lee Load All II single stage or progressive? If it's single-stage I'll definitely go with the MEC. What's the difference between the 650, 600 jr. and the Sizemaster?
Selmer

chad e
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(3/5/03 5:21:59 pm)
Reply Lee Load all II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a Load all II with the optional primer feeder.
I reloaed enough shells with it to make back its cost, but its getting worn.
What happened to mine is, since pulling down on the handle also exerts force on the press in a forward direction (toward you), the top assembly tends to loosen from the base, and eventually gets loose enough to cause problems. In my case, its the final crimp station. When you pull the handle down, the top moves toward you, and you end up bending the shell slightly, which can cause it to buckle.
I still use it to deprime/resise/and reprime, since I have the primer feeder for it, but then I move to my MEC 600Jr to finish reloading..

I think my MEC is worth every penny I paid for it.
All you ever wanted to know about mec reloaders here..
www.mecreloaders.com/

ChuckD
Unregistered User
(3/13/03 4:25:23 am)
Reply Loadall?
I too had a loadall II--it is a single stage press. Agree with the above poster--mine wore about the same--okay for casual use only. My oldest Mec 600 is about 40 y/o--still has good parts availability. Get the Mec! Chuck

sjones
Frequent SW Visitor
(3/17/03 8:57:46 pm)
Reply Re: Loadall?
you can probably get a mec sizemaster off of ebay for $50 to $75 and it wiil be a lot better press than the lee.I bought mine off ebay and have loaded about 40 boxes without any problems. sj