ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Press Kits
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to get into reloading. Money's a bit of an issue, but I don't want to buy a P.O.S. simply because it's "Value Priced"

Does anyone have a recomendation on an inexpensive reloader that is decent quality for reloading Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun?

MTaylor
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(2/25/03 11:41:05 am)
Reply Re: Press Kits
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MEC 600 is your choice for shotgun reloading. A used unit can be had at a very reasonable price. Even new they are reasonable.

For pistol and rifle reloading you will get a wide variety of opinions. You can go cheap but you will get cheap... RCBS is probably your best value for the money.

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(2/25/03 1:16:04 pm)
Reply loaders
As Mike stated the Mec is the workhorse of the reloading world. They can be found in most large papers or on the board at the local ranges or even garage sales for as little as $40-60.

Same can be said for many of the rifle/pistol presses. Lee or RSBS can be found cheap...I picked up a bunch of stuff, loader, powder trickler, dies, etc for $50.

BigDMan
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(2/25/03 2:40:18 pm)
Reply Re: loaders
Hornaday may also be of a helpful name...it too is a great manufacturer of reloading equipment. I personally have a MEC 650 progressive which is a blessing for me. I can't hardly shoot all of my loads in a day's worth of use. I'm glad to see another reloading enthusiast

GordonSetter
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(2/27/03 11:03:27 am)
Re: loaders
Anyone have any experince with roll reloaders. I found a system for $30. It looks a little more complcated than the crimp reloader, but the shells look cool. Anyone know how they fire?

Let the dog hunt the birds,
... you hunt the dog.

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(2/27/03 9:01:02 pm)
Reply ..
I have used a roll crimp once before and didnt have any problems with either making or shooting the slugs.

BigDMan
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(2/28/03 2:49:22 pm)
Reply GordonSetter!!!
What's the make of the roll crimp set and what does it consist of? You may have found one excellent deal on it. Those work very well with large shot such as Buckshot and Slugs. The reason that has been stated by Lyman is that the roll style helps keep the projectiles in a straight and uniform pattern. It also doesn't reduce the velocity that a crimp style would.

....Darryn
When women hold off from marrying men, we call it independence. When men hold off from marrying women, we call it fear of commitment.

Shotgunworld
Forum Owner
(3/4/03 2:39:56 am)
ezSupporter
Re: GordonSetter!!!
We have a couple of reloading links at www.shotgunworld.com/links.html but we need some more. Post 'em if you got 'em.
thanks,
-Shotgunworld.com Staff
Shotgunworld.com

GordonSetter
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(3/4/03 9:33:52 am)
Re: GordonSetter!!!
I didn't forget about you BigD I will get you the info as soon as I can including a link.

Let the dog hunt the birds,
... you hunt the dog.