ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reloading equipment for 500 boxes per annum
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am considering reloading for purposes of recylcing only. No love of reloading. Would just be work. 12 guage and 20 guage only. Lead only.

My current line of thinking, after seeing reloading machines on e-bay, is that there must have been a gazillion other idiots who had this same idea, and quit after 300 boxes of shells.

Can you reloaders recommend a used machine that is a workhorse, and can do volume? Don't want a machine that requires a lot of mechanical adjustment. Just want to pull the lever.

How many hours does it take to make 500 boxes of shells (12,500)?

Rick618
Shotgun Expert
(1/5/03 7:03:07 pm)
Reply Re: Reloading equipment for 500 boxes per annum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The MEC line is the workhorse, the 600jr is the base model to start from. IF you are going to load one recipe, then it is a one time setup with only the occasional tweak.

It depends on the speed and skill of the reloader and how many checks you make during loading, as well as how prepared you are at having the hulls, wads, and primers set up. I can load about 4-5 boxes per hour at a steady pace, you can double that with a progressive loader.

Sporting Clays Girl
Women's Shotgun Expert
(1/5/03 9:53:13 pm)
I have the MEC 9000H works great i can crank out a case in about 30 minutes if i'm really working. They work GRRRRRRRRRRREAT! So if you go for anything go for a MEC!
Fantastic!!
Browning, The Best there is because second best is well...second best.

pmmx
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(3/11/03 1:09:38 pm)
I wish I had that much money to spend on a hydrolic press.
A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

MTaylor
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(3/11/03 8:59:22 pm)
I did 2 cases (500 rounds) today in my spare time on a MEC 600 Jr. 4 cases in a month would be real easy.