ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new recipie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a bunch of Fiochi purple hulls (12ga) and don't want to see them go to waste. I have not been able to find a 1oz load that uses common components.

Does anybody see anything wrong with the following load?

1 oz. lead
21 grs Green Dot
WAA12SL wad
Win. 209 primer

chad e
Shotgunworld Ambassador
(3/26/03 7:32:19 pm)
Reply load data
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you check here-
www.hodgdon.com/data/shot...781-01.php
(same except using clays),
and here-
recipes.alliantpowder.com...&useargs=1
(same except using Fiochi primer)..

cooters
Unregistered User
(3/28/03 11:21:47 pm)
Reply new recipe
I tried loading those purple fiocchi's on my rcbs grand and had nothing but problems with the components I was using for the AA hulls. I found that you need a Federal wad to make the shells crimp perfectly. I had received a large quonity of these shells from a friend who always bought new and I tried every type of adjustment on the loader but finally called rcbs and even sent them a sample of the components I was using so they could experiment. I have since returned to my AA hulls which have never failed me yet. I load only AA's, claybusters, winchester primers, and hodgen clays. I am very happy with this combo.

Ultimate Predator
(3/31/03 4:27:54 pm)
Reply I tried 'em
I tried the above load this past weekend and was very pleased with them. The crimp looked great, they averaged 1185 through the chrono, they fed and functioned flawlessly in my 11-87 and they had a very mild recoil.

I found and tried several published loads with both Green Dot and Titewad and was most happy with the one above.

Harry
Unregistered User
(4/9/03 7:32:58 pm)
Reply Fiocchi Hulls
The head of these cases expand. That is the rim grows larger in thickness and is very hard to resize.