ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheddite 3” .410 primed hulls. New to reloading.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:17 pm 
Field Grade

Hey everyone, I’m new to reloading. Like when I say new, I mean I don’t know anything. But I’m trying to load some turkey loads for my .410. I’m searching for the cheddite .410 3” primed hulls and I’m not having any luck finding any online. Does anyone have any insight on where to find them? I’m close to Atlanta Ga and I’m not opposed to driving if I can find a place that sells reloading supplies and has them. Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Cheddite 3” .410 primed hulls. New to reloading.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

bustabeak,

Both Precision reloading & Ballistic Product normally carry 3" 410 new hulls which are Cheddites, but both show out-of-stock, a few minutes ago.

My guess is they will restock sooner than later.

However, if you're in dire need, PM me & I can check my stock to see what I have on-hand.

...pete

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:12 pm 
Field Grade

pjmx wrote:
bustabeak,

Both Precision reloading & Ballistic Product normally carry 3" 410 new hulls which are Cheddites, but both show out-of-stock, a few minutes ago.

My guess is they will restock sooner than later.

However, if you're in dire need, PM me & I can check my stock to see what I have on-hand.

...pete

Thank your for the offer. I will keep Checking online and hopefully catch them in stock. Again, I’m new to this, but correct me if I’m wrong. Cheddite is a manufacturer, correct? I’m just trying to hand load some turkey loads. Heck they may not even fire. I’m as green as it gets when doing this type stuff. Again, thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:46 pm 
Diamond Grade

manufacturer and hull type.
cheddite is probably the largest producer of hulls in the world, most everybody not remfederester uses them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am 
Diamond Grade

For specialty loads those are fine and you will need a Cheddite primer to reload them. For all other 410 reloading use Winchester HS in both 3" or 2 1/2" loads with the WIN-209 primer. The HS hull will reload many more times than any other 410 hull.

When loading new primed hulls hold the pre-crimp down for say 3-seconds and the final crimp for three seconds too. Expect after a hour or so to run the loaded shell back through the final crimp to flatten the raised crimp. After that the will stay down for good.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:36 pm 
Field Grade

Grafs and Sons looks like they have what you are looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:55 pm 
Field Grade

Brettitt41 wrote:
Grafs and Sons looks like they have what you are looking for.

Brettitt41, thanks I saw that the had the Fiocchi, but I couldn’t find the cheddite. The recipe I’m going by calls for cheddite, what does everyone think about switching from the cheddite to Fiocchi? Again, I’m new to this and from what I’ve read, everyone says stick to the recipe and don’t deviate. Any thoughts will definitely help!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:39 am 
Crown Grade

Save yourself some headache's, and just try to find some once fired 3" Win HS hulls instead.

The reload-able life of the Cheddite hulls is really short, and trying to end up with great looking crimps on the new hulls, lets just say that most USA type re-loaders so not do such well to start with.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:07 pm 
Field Grade

Dano523 wrote:
Save yourself some headache's, and just try to find some once fired 3" Win HS hulls instead.

The reload-able life of the Cheddite hulls is really short, and trying to end up with great looking crimps on the new hulls, lets just say that most USA type re-loaders so not do such well to start with.

Thank you! I will probably only use these once. They’ll be turkey loads. So I probably won’t be reloading then after I fire them. Thanks for the help though!