ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reloader for Youth Program - Mec 650 from Curly N
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:48 pm 
Utility Grade

Guys, over on the other site I've been running a Reloaders for Youth program for 3 or 4 years now. Have probably given away 40 or more reloaders that have been donated to the program by guys like you. I rebuild them with the help of my friends at Mec, who give me a nice discount on parts. I post about the rebuilds and eventually present them for gifting when the rebuild and adjustments are complete.

Donations are always first come first served and require a picture of the youth and the name of the club where he or she shoots. I do only ship to sponsoring adults, but that includes parents, coaches, etc and ask that my shipping expense be reimbursed. That usually amounts to $40 or so. I also ask to receive a follow up picture with the loader. That is the real payoff in this. You should see some the great pictures I've gotten!

It seems fitting to post this one here because @Curly N donated this and has also sent me some extra parts at a later date. I'm making some progress on it now. Attached is the very early, raw state.

Please be patient with me as the site functions here are new to me.

Way to go Curly

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Reloader for Youth Program - Mec 650 from Curly N
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:50 pm 

If anyone would like to help with this program that Joe is doing, feel free to contact him to get the shipping info.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:51 pm 
Crown Grade

A worthy cause for sure. Good work!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:13 pm 
Field Grade

Way to go Joe and Curly!!! It is great to get them to reload their own shells.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

After reading the opening post of this thread, I went thru my stash of lead wads, (CB5050) & thru Joe Kuhn was able to fwd 3 bags of these to a young man that reloads 410.

If you have any reloading items that you don't need or if you feel up to sharing, PM joe Kuhn above, share specifics on what you have to offer & he will try to match with a young shooter who will be thrilled.

Obviously, Haz mat items would be excluded.

...pete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I checked the other site Joe referenced and I think this is a noble cause. Do you need only 12 guage reloaders or would any of the other skeet guages (20-28-410) be beneficial?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:22 am 
Field Grade

Central FL Mike wrote:
I checked the other site Joe referenced and I think this is a noble cause. Do you need only 12 guage reloaders or would any of the other skeet guages (20-28-410) be beneficial?

What .410 loader do you have?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 am 
Utility Grade

Joe,

I've got a MEC 9000GN and a bunch of hulls and wads that I just don't have time to use anymore. I'll gladly send them your way if you can get me your address. I'm new here, so I can't PM yet.

Thanks,
Bruce