ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No more Guns or Ammo at Dicks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Just got off the phone with my local Dick’s Sporting Goods store. When I asked about some Remington shotgun shells he told me that they don’t have any and they are not going to get anymore ammo or guns in to the store. I guess I will have to break out my MEC 9000 and get reloading again.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

Post subject: Re: No more Guns or Ammo at Dicks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Their loss, not mine. Haven't darkened that doorstep in at least a decade, haven't missed their doorstep either.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:48 pm 
Crown Grade

They announced several months ago they were going to stop selling guns or ammo at 125 stores due to weak profits on sales of guns and ammo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:06 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:
Their loss, not mine. Haven't darkened that doorstep in at least a decade, haven't missed their doorstep either.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:47 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Major146 wrote:
Just got off the phone with my local Dick’s Sporting Goods store. When I asked about some Remington shotgun shells he told me that they don’t have any and they are not going to get anymore ammo or guns in to the store. I guess I will have to break out my MEC 9000 and get reloading again.

Hop on that Internet machine. Gander Mountain has Remington Gun CLubs on sale for $4.99 a box, free shipping . . .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dick’s has stores called Field& Stream which joins the Dick’s in Cedar Park, Texas. They have been selling Gun Clubs and Federal Target shells at 4.98 off and on for 6 months.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Bladeswitcher wrote:
Hop on that Internet machine. Gander Mountain has Remington Gun CLubs on sale for $4.99 a box, free shipping . . .

Unfortunately the nearest Gander Outdoors is 40 miles away from me. And they cannot ship directly to me because I am in NY. But thanks for the tip.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

browning66 wrote:
Dick’s has stores called Field& Stream which joins the Dick’s in Cedar Park, Texas. They have been selling Gun Clubs and Federal Target shells at 4.98 off and on for 6 months.

Same in Charlottesville, VA.

NAHC Life Member
VA State Shooting Association Life Member
NSSA Referee
NSSA Level I Instructor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

So Dick's is now essentially just a Nike and Under Armour outlet in one place.

I look forward to their demise.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

Glad to see dicks at least going full in on their political stance.

Empathy to you folks in NY, CA and several other states. It sounds like the dems there are getting the desired result. ☹️

Major146 wrote:
Bladeswitcher wrote:

Unfortunately the nearest Gander Outdoors is 40 miles away from me. And they cannot ship directly to me because I am in NY. But thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:49 pm 
Diamond Grade

Bladeswitcher wrote:
Major146 wrote:

That`s Gander`s REGULR price for Gun Clubs. That`s where I buy my shells now. Well, except for turkey.

Remington 870 Super Magnum Turkey
Remington V3 Walnut
Remington 870 Express (Realtree Xtra camo)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:10 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks to Tidefanatic's tip on Gander's price on Remington GCs, I just received my yearly amount. I would caution prospective buyers that the $4.99/bx price is their sale price, but they don't have it available at all times, nor on all loads. I waited about 3 months before Gander stocked them again. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:20 pm 
Crown Grade

I hope Dicks continues to sell shotgun ammo. There is one near my gun club with the added bonus of being in a no sales tax state. That alone saves me $3 a flat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:31 pm 
Crown Grade

birdhunter39 wrote:
So Dick's is now essentially just a Nike and Under Armour outlet in one place.

I look forward to their demise.

Pretty much, yea.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Remember dick's pulled all their AR's off the shelk and destroyed them in a big hoopla about gun control. I hope they choke. I wouldn't shells there if they were $1.00 a box.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:51 pm 
Crown Grade

I can't imagine anyone involved in shooting sports or who cares about their 2A rights spending a penny at Dick's. Their owner is a vocal gun control advocate and has gone so far as to hire gun control lobbyists to work on his behalf. I just shake my head when someone tells me about the few bucks they saved on Gun Clubs using their Dick's club card.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't know who this Dick guy is, but haven't we all swore we wouldn't buy any more guns at some point . . . never seems to work out . . .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

One of the local gunshots uses a radio ad proclaiming, "We're not Dick's." :)

When anyone mentions Dick's, I always make it a point to interject, "eff Dick's." They won't see a penny of my money.

Last edited by desmobob on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:51 am 
Tournament Grade

Gave up on Dicks long ago. I would have to read about it to find out they no longer. Sold guns or ammo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

In the past couple of years I have only purchased shotgun ammo at Dicks and then only when it was on sale and or I had a discount coupon. They regularly had Remington Gun Clubs on sale. And when they didn’t sometimes Gander Outdoors would have them on sale. Both Dicks and Gander would do price matching so I could get the shells discounted at either store. I like to shoot 1oz #8 for both Skeet and Trap and usually only Dicks had them. Gander usually only had 1 1/8 oz shot loads. Since Gander moved there store 40 miles away I have only been able to get discounted shotgun shells at Dicks. I don’t like Dicks stand on 2A but I figured that the discounts were a loss leader just to get you into the store so they really didn’t make any money on my purchases of ammo.