ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: No more Guns or Ammo at Dicks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:46 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm never going to Dicks again!

Of course, I'm 62 and have never been in a Dicks store in my life so it's probably a weightless promise.

One of Many

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:53 pm 
Crown Grade

John H wrote:
I'm never going to Dicks again!

Of course, I'm 62 and have never been in a Dicks store in my life so it's probably a weightless promise.

:lol: {hs#

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:27 pm 
Field Grade

Since Dick's hired a firm to lobby for more gun control and went through the fun "virtue signaling" exercise of destroying $5MM in evil black rifles I have spent money in their store exactly once. If I had ordered the right size soccer cleats for my daughter I wouldn't have been forced to go in that one time. It's unfortunate for most of the employees there, the guys at the gun counters were always nice enough even here in The People's Republik of MA, but I hope the whole chain folds sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I’m not a fan of Dicks but I will admit the local sales staff are good people. The couple times I’ve bought shells there out of necessity, they were quick to match anyone’s price and - if they are out of their sale item e.g. Gun Clubs - they will quickly give the same price on a similar product like Top Guns. The store near me (out on the Red State Great Plains) carries tons of shells. It may just be that you live in a blue state or a more urban area without as many shooters.

But better companies (like Scheels) also match prices without getting all political so I’d rather shop there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

Dick's CEO E.W. Stack has called for more gun control in interviews with national press. Dick's is the enemy. Spending money there is financing someone trying to restrict your rights.

I liked the folks working at my local Dick's locations; one is an acquaintance and one, the son of a friend. But that doesn't mean I'll give Dick's one penny of my money. Eff Dick's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

^^Excellent strategy-load up on their loss leaders to help increase their loss, and put them out of business.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 am 
Crown Grade

Nebs wrote:
^^Excellent strategy-load up on their loss leaders to help increase their loss, and put them out of business.

Better strategy.
Leave the ammo there so they have to pay quarterly inventory taxes on it AND make nothing getting rid of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Their loss, literally. Guns and ammo are available SO many other places. Screw Dicks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:05 am 
Crown Grade

Neanderthal wrote:
Guns and ammo are available SO many other places. Screw Dicks.

Maybe for you. Not so for others.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you have access to a computer your gun and ammo choices are vast. That's how I buy 99% of my stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

Neanderthal wrote:
If you have access to a computer your gun and ammo choices are vast. That's how I buy 99% of my stuff.

I some states, like NY, you aren't allowed to mail-order ammo. It is possible to have it shipped to your local FFL holder though... another reason it's good to do business with and stay friendly with your local gun shop.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:22 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just pick the gun clubs, STS, Nitro and Winchester AA's out of the garbage at my local club and reload them. Then I pick them up and go home and reload them again. No issues, no Dick's, no problems. Oh, wrong forum...I'll post this on the Shotgun Reloaders Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:09 pm 
Field Grade

I have been “Dick less“ since there stand on sporting rifles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:43 pm 
Crown Grade

The local Field and Stream is now a Sportsman's Warehouse. SW kept all the old F&S employees and they remark how amazing it is to see us old time customers again. Many, many of us haven't been so much as in the store since the anti gun crap started.

Eff Dick's.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Are there any restrictions on ordering reloading supplies (primers, powder, shot) online and having them delivered to your door in states like CA, MA, NY, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

In NY you can order all the reloading supplies you want and have them delivered to your door as long as you are willing to pay the Hazmat fees. You just can't have already loaded ammo sent to your door, you need to go threw a local FFL. No other paper work is required yet but it is comming.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:07 pm 
Field Grade

In MA there’s nothing illegal about having reloading components or ammo delivered to your home as long as your are licensed to carry a firearm. The AG however threatens anyone that does and scares them off. We keep the ones who follow the law a closely guarded secret on forums.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:04 am 
Crown Grade

DanG wrote:
Are there any restrictions on ordering reloading supplies (primers, powder, shot) online and having them delivered to your door in states like CA, MA, NY, etc.?

Most of the gun control maroons in those states haven't figured out that you can assemble your own ammo at home pretty easily (just like some of them think you can't re-fill "high capacity ammunition magazines" (a Colorado state rep (she HAD to have been high))).

They'll get to it eventually though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

The ghost ammo loophole. (Sarc)

And yeah, they’ll get to it sooner or later.

OldStufferA5#1911 wrote:
DanG wrote:

Most of the gun control maroons in those states haven't figured out that you can assemble your own ammo at home pretty easily (just like some of them think you can't re-fill "high capacity ammunition magazines" (a Colorado state rep (she HAD to have been high))).

They'll get to it eventually though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:06 am 
Limited Edition

My opinion, check the owner of Dicks and I think you guys will understand