ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MEC Index Steel Balls
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:30 am 
Field Grade

Sent a request of some index balls off an old 2013 post in the reloading sticky. I have not had a response so I guess this no longer available?

Post subject: Re: MEC Index Steel Balls
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:28 am 
Diamond Grade

Its an 1/8" ball bearing, a well stocked hardware store or bike repair shops have them.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:39 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If not, try again. He has many satisfied customers here.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

if you're stuck I can spare a few.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:59 am 
Field Grade

i need one. i wil check with my hardware store. If they can't help I will be back in touch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

Hello 242Napa:

Sinjin1952 here.

I'm still here and have turned around every order that I have received.
The most recent was last week to Versailles, Kentucky.

Hard to say what happened but the USPS isn't what it used to be.

Last year this occurred and the original order showed up 6 weeks after the postmark date.

I don't know how long it's been but if you care to send another order, please go to the original post here to confirm address etc.

[url]
https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewto ... 3&t=196082[/url]

If I receive your original mailing down the line, I'll fill it as well and you'll have plenty to share with your shooting Pals.

If you wish to discuss any of this PM me

Best Regards,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:33 pm 
Field Grade

That Versailles KY order was mine. If you mailed it last week It should be here this week. I am wondering if I put my address on the envelope. I seldom send myself mail. If they don't I will try again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It’s ironic. Since I bought those index balls, I haven’t lost any more while servicing the machines.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

To casonet: Thank you for your kind words in the post above.

To 242NAPA: I'm working from memory a week or so old and I have slept since then but here goes:

First of all the Planets were aligned against you. Your order arrived on a Friday afternoon so it didn't get turned around until the following Monday, a few days lag there.

Yes, you did address the envelope with both your mailing and return address with your preprinted address labels. I recall that because both labels had your out of the ordinary, but cool name on them, you know what I mean Spurg?

When I first saw your screen name 242NAPA, I jumped to the conclusion they were going to the wine country in California. That is a failing on my part, as I should have realized it meant an auto parts store!

I looked up postal service to Versailles KY and believe I saw that all regular mail is delivered by Stagecoach (airmail via: Pony Express) This may cause another couple of days lag.

This has been a lot of fun and I'm sure your order will arrive in a day or two. If a reasonable period of time goes by, and they still haven't arrived, contact me per my original response above and we'll straighten it out.

When they do arrive, please post a message on this forum to confirm.

Thanks and regards,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:56 am 
Field Grade

Guess what came in the mail yesterday. My steel balls. Postmarked January 21, Lexington KY arrived in Versailles Ky only 12 miles away in 21 days. Service lacks a little to me.

Anyway I got them, I appreciate Sinjin1952 for making these available to us. Thank You

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:08 am 
Crown Grade

casonet wrote:
It’s ironic. Since I bought those index balls, I haven’t lost any more while servicing the machines.

You won't.

As long as you have spares you won't lose the original.

As soon as you rid yourself of the spares, you will loose the only one you have.

It's how The Universe operates. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Seems that way